Christian apologist JP Holding has written concerning the Secular Web: "The Secular Web has a few intelligent people, but overall has long been a haven for every skeptical know-it-all to pronounce judgments upon matters outside of their expertise." In addition, Holding has indicated that the quality of internet content produced by the Secular Web has gone down since the 1990s.
The decline in the quality of material at Internet Infidels has been concurrent with the rise of theists in academia within philosophy departments (see: Atheism and academia). In 1990, the atheist philosopher Michael Martin indicated there was a general absence of an atheistic response to contemporary work in the philosophy of religion and in jest he indicated that it was his "cross to bear" to respond to theistic arguments (see: Atheist apologetics). In 1994, Michael Martin was criticized for his eleventh hour cancellation of his debate with Greg Bahnsen (see: Greg Bahnsen and debate).
On the whole, the misguided efforts to promote atheism/agnosticism not been very effective on the internet (see also: Ineffectiveness of atheist internet outreach). On the other hand, Christian internet evangelism has been very effective.
Unlike Christianity, which is supported by a large body of sound evidence (see: Christian apologetics), atheism/agnosticism have no proof and evidence supporting their ideologies.
- 1 Secular Web's significant drop in web traffic
- 2 Loss of Google referral traffic to the Secular Web's website
- 3 JP Holding's rebuttal to Secular Web contributors
- 4 Dissension at Internet Infidels forum. Forum discontinued
- 5 See also
- 6 External links
- 7 References
Secular Web's significant drop in web traffic
On August 19, 2019, Alexa ranked the Secular Web the 285,436th most popular website in the world in web traffic and it was dropping in global market share at the time.
Loss of Google referral traffic to the Secular Web's website
JP Holding's rebuttal to Secular Web contributors
- Earl Doherty 
- Richard Carrier 
- Dan Barker 
- Farrel Till 
- Stephen Carr 
- Jeffery Jay Lowder 
- Acharya S 
- Kyle Gerkin 
Dissension at Internet Infidels forum. Forum discontinued
The Internet Infidels Discussion Board became the Freethought and Rationalism Discussion Board (FRDB), but now the discussion board is no longer on the internet.
The atheist/evolutionist PZ Myers was a moderator of its Evolution/Creation forum, but he resigned in 2004. Generally speaking, evolutionists do poorly in debates (see: Creation vs. evolution debates).
- Defining our mission
- The Secular Web's Great tinfoil age
- Open Questions: Diverse Thinkers Discuss God, Religion, and Faith by Luís F. Rodrigues, page 201
- Atheism, Agnosticism, and Skepticism Synopsis of Understanding Secular Religions by Josh McDowell and Don Stewart
- Atheism by Creation Ministries International
- Atheism, agnosticism and humanism: godless religions by Creation Ministries International
- Atheism by Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
- Internet atheism: The thrill is gone!
- Secular Web lost global market share in the first half of 2017 according to Alexa
- 5 atheist websites that lost global market share in 2018 according to Alexa, Examining Atheism, October 22, 2018
- Internet Infidels Seems To Be Melting