Abrasiveness of Richard Dawkins
Atheist author and sociology professor Phil Zuckerman said of Richard Dawkins: "He is smug, condescending and emits an unpleasant disdainfulness. He doesn’t ever seem to acknowledge the good aspects of religion, only the bad. In that sense, I think he doesn’t help atheism in the PR department." See also: Elevatorgate and Atheism and arrogance
|“||It is absolutely safe to say that if you meet somebody who claims not to believe in evolution, that person is ignorant, stupid or insane (or wicked, but I'd rather not consider that).||”|
Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr. has echoed Mr. Demar's estimation of Richard Dawkins:
|“|| His aggressiveness and abrasiveness have now prompted some of his fellow defenders of evolution to wonder if he is doing their cause more harm than good.
The September 2005 issue of Discover magazine features an article that raises this very question. In "Darwin's Rottweiler," author Stephen S. Hall suggests that Dawkins is simply "far too fierce."....
Dawkins admits that he just may be "a bit of a loose canon." In reality, that is a significant understatement. 
A great irony of Richard Dawkins' alleged fierceness is that Dawkins has established a reputation for avoiding debates with his strongest opponents which is something the liberal media often fails to report.
In February of 2010, the news organization The Telegraph reported Richard Dawkins was embroiled "in a bitter online battle over plans to rid his popular internet forum for atheists of foul language, insults and 'frivolous gossip'." In September of 2010, Richard Dawkins became nasty towards a woman in an audience he spoke before (see also: Women's views of Richard Dawkins).
In addition, Richard Dawkins appears to have had struggles maintaining marital harmony in his life and two of his marriages ended in divorce.
- Atheists say the darnedest things! - satire
- Atheism and women
- Women's views of Richard Dawkins
- Instances of Richard Dawkins ducking debates
- Richard Dawkins and pseudoscience
- Richard Dawkins' commentary on Adolf Hitler
- Atheist bullying
- Richard Dawkins, atheist atrocities, and historical revisionism
- Richard Dawkins on child molestation and so called "gentle pedophiles"
- ↑ Richard Dawkins: Atheism’s asset or liability? By KIMBERLY WINSTON, Religion News Service
- ↑ http://www.americanvision.org/articlearchive/08-16-06.asp
- ↑ http://www.christianity.com/1350327/
- ↑ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/7322177/Richard-Dawkins-in-bitter-web-censorship-row-with-fellow-atheists.html
- ↑ http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/richard-dawkins-i-never-meet-people-who-disagree-with-me-2080451.html