Limousine liberals, also bourgeois liberals, are multi-millionaires, often driven around in limousines, who pretend to be compassionate about the poor despite living a life of luxury themselves. Often their own daily routine provides little benefit to the poor, and many of the policies they advocate tend to make it difficult for others to become wealthy like themselves.
A typical policy supported by limousine liberals is to increase tax burdens on the American family. They bemoan that they don't pay enough taxes so they can make the point that everyone should pay more. They shed tears for public school funding but send their kids to private schools. It is the hypocrisy of "do as I say, not as I do."
The term "limousine liberal" was coined in 1969.
Examples of limousine liberals
- Barack Obama
After the end of his presidency, Barack Obama spent much of his time vacationing in exclusive and elite locations around the world. He spent much time with left-wing celebrities, such as spending Good Friday 2017 on a $300 million yacht with celebrities such as Bruce Springsteen, Tom Hanks, and Oprah Winfrey, and in Italy in 2019 with George Clooney. In addition, Obama accepted a $400,000 speech backed by Wall Street, something that stunned even many liberals. Despite the criticism over the speech, Obama gave another $400,000 speech shortly afterward. Bernie Sanders described Obama's speaking fees as "unfortunate." In May 2017, Obama traveled to Italy to give a speech on climate change, but used pollution-heavy transportation to get to his destination. On June 6, 2017, Obama gave a $400,000 speech to the Chamber of Commerce in Montreal in which one of the topics he spoke about was "warning against income inequality and the concentration of wealth." After leaving office, Obama bought a house in D.C. for $8.1 million. In August and September 2017, Obama made a combined $1.2 million from three Wall Street speeches.
- Michael Bloomberg
Billionaire Michael Bloomberg, for example, spends much of his time and money trying to take a way the right of the poor to meaningful self-defense, by demanding gun control, while he lives in a fully protected environment unavailable to the poor.
- Bernie Sanders
Despite advocating for socialism and socialist policies, U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders is a millionaire who once was thought to be in the top 3.8% of earners, but who is actually in the top 1% according to his tax returns. In addition to having a seven-figure income, Sanders owns three expansive houses, and just in October 2018, he spent $300,000 on air travel.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Although Ocasio-Cortez pretends to speak for and come from poverty, she grew up in the white privileged suburb of Westchester County with a median household income of $83,000 and net worth of $1.2 million – one of the highest in the country. Westchester County is the home of the Clinton and Rockefeller estates. After her election to Congress, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez moved into a luxury apartment that does not offer affordable housing – despite the fact affordable housing was an important part of her campaign platform.
- Joe Biden
After leaving the vice presidency in 2017, Joe Biden made millions of dollars, renting a $5 million mansion and buying a $3 million beach house.
- Jeffrey Epstein
Donor to liberal universities and science projects; billionaire "socialite"; sexual revolution activist; convicted pedophile; accused of sex trafficking and enslavement of children for the rich global elite.
Socialist leaders, such as Venezuelan dictators Hugo Chavez and his successor Nicolas Maduro, often live in extreme luxury while failing to improve the lives of those they rule over. Julia Salazar, a socialist New York state senator, lived off a trust fund while campaigning as a socialist who identified with "the people."
- ↑ Bennett, Kate (March 17, 2017). Barack Obama is probably lying on a beach in a deserted paradise right now. CNN. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- ↑ Hudson, Jerome (April 17, 2017). Good Friday: Obamas Join Winfrey, Springsteen, Hanks on David Geffen’s Yacht. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 27, 2017.
- ↑ Huston, Warner Todd (June 25, 2019). Jet Setting Obamas Seen Hobnobbing with the Clooneys on Ritzy Lake Como. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
- ↑ Obama spokesman defends reported $400,000 Wall Street-backed speech. Fox News. April 27, 2017. Retrieved April 27, 2017.
- ↑ Wallace, Christopher (April 27, 2017). Obama's $400G Wall Street speech leaves liberal base stunned. Fox News. Retrieved April 27, 2017.
- ↑ Obama reportedly pulls in another $400G for speech. Fox News. April 28, 2017. Retrieved April 28, 2017.
- ↑ ‘Unfortunate’: Bernie Sanders criticizes Obama for accepting $400K for Wall Street speech, The Blaze
- ↑ Zanotti, Emily (May 21, 2017). Obama Speaks on Global Warming, Then Spews CO2 With Private Jet, 13-Car Motorcade. Heat Street. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- ↑ Starr, Penny (June 7, 2017). Obama Warns Against Income Inequality While Delivering $7,700-a-Minute Speech. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 7, 2017.
- ↑ Obamas purchase D.C. house for $8.1 million, new report says. Fox News. Retrieved June 7, 2017.
- ↑ Bennett, Kate (June 2, 2017). Obamas purchase their DC rental house for millions. CNN. Retrieved June 7, 2017.
- ↑ Shelbourne, Mallory (September 18, 2017). Obama making big-money speeches to Wall Street firms: report. The Hill. Retrieved September 18, 2017.
- ↑ Yilek, Caitlin (September 18, 2017). Obama making $400,000 speeches to Wall Street firms: Report. Washington Examiner. Retrieved September 18, 2017.
- ↑ Kight, Stef W. (September 18, 2017). Obama to make $1.2 million from 3 Wall Street speeches. Axios. Retrieved September 18, 2017.
- ↑ Obama cashes in on Wall Street appearances, report says. Fox News. September 19, 2017. Retrieved September 19, 2017.
- ↑ Curl, Joseph (June 6, 2017). Socialist Bernie Sanders gets superrich in capitalist U.S.. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 6, 2017.
- ↑ Renzulli, Kerri Anne (March 15, 2016). Bernie Sanders Is a De Facto Millionaire. Time. Retrieved June 6, 2017.
- ↑ Gross, Daniel (February 28, 2016). How Bernie Sanders, the Socialist, Quietly Entered the Top 4% of Earners. Fortune. Retrieved June 6, 2017.
- ↑ Schmidt, Ann W. (April 9, 2019). How did Bernie Sanders make his money? A look at his wealth and assets. Fox News. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- ↑ Multiple references:
- Xiao, Bowen (April 16, 2019). Socialist Bernie Sanders Is Part of the Top 1 Percent, Tax Returns Confirm. The Epoch Times. Retrieved April 16, 2019.
- Kirkwood, R. Cort (April 16, 2019). Tax Returns Show Socialist Sanders Is an Old Skinflint. The New American. Retrieved April 16, 2019.
- Starr, Penny (April 15, 2019). Socialist Sanders’ Tax Returns Reveal Presidential Hopeful in Top 1% of U.S. Earners. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 16, 2019.
- ↑ Shaw, Adam (February 21, 2019). Lifestyles of the rich and socialist: Bernie Sanders has 3 houses, makes millions. Fox News. Retrieved February 21, 2019.
- ↑ https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5905247/amp/Girl-Bronx-Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez-actually-grew-wealthy-Westchester-County.html
- ↑ Goodman, Alana (February 19, 2019). Poor people not allowed in AOC's luxury apartment complex. Washington Examiner. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- ↑ Multiple references:
- Quinn, Liam (June 25, 2019). Joe Biden making millions, living in lavish homes since leaving office: report. Fox News. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
- Alic, Haris (June 25, 2019). Watch: Inside Joe Biden’s Luxurious $20,000-a-Month Mansion. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 26, 2019.
- ↑ Lott, Maxim (March 11, 2019). Lifestyles of the Rich and Socialist: From Chavez to Castro, leaders who lived the high life. Fox News. Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- ↑ Hogan, Bernadette; Jaeger, Max (July 19, 2019). Dem socialist Julia Salazar allegedly dipped into trust fund during state senate campaign: report. Fox News (from the New York Post). Retrieved July 19, 2019.