According to Amazon.com:
|“|| The New York Times bestselling author of Patriots and How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It - Tactics, Techniques and Technologies for Uncertain Times' and founder of The Survival Blog returns with his latest survival thriller and gives readers an unprecedented look into a post-apocalyptic world resulting from an all-too-real disaster scenario.
When looting and rioting overwhelm all the major US cities, Afghanistan War veteran Ray McGregor makes his way from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula to his parents’ cattle ranch in Bella Coola, British Columbia, in remote western Canada. Joining him is his old friend Phil Adams, a Defense Intelligence Agency counterintelligence case officer based in Washington State.
Reckless banking practices, hyperinflation, and government negligence have led to an unprecedented socioeconomic collapse in America that quickly spreads throughout the world. Lightly populated Bella Coola is spared the worst of the chaos, but when order is restored it comes in the form of a tyrannical army of occupation. Ray and Phil soon become key players in the resistance movement, fighting the occupiers in a war that will determine not only their own personal survival, but also the future of North America.
Liberators depicts a world that is all too conceivable and terrifyingly familiar. Fast paced and packed with authentic information on outdoor survival, self-sufficiency, and small-unit tactics, James Wesley, Rawles’s latest thriller will resonate with his dedicated fan base and encourage new readers to prepare for anything from lesser disasters to the dreaded worst-case scenario.
James Wesley Rawles (born 1960) is a non-fiction author, survivalist fiction author, economist, blogger, and Survivalist retreat consultant. He has appeared many times on the Alex Jones show InfoWars Nightly News. He has been called an expert on survival and preparedness topics. Rawles is a Christian who is a conservative, constitutionalist libertarian. Rawles is the senior editor of The Survival Blog, a blog on survival and preparedness topics. Rawles is no longer responsible for day-to-day editing of the blog.
Liberators is Part of the Patriots Series
His first book, Patriots - Surviving the Coming Collapse, a dystopian economic collapse novel, was first released in 1998. It was first released as Internet shareware in the early 1990s, and later published in interim form as TEOTWAWKI: The End of The World as We Know It, in the late 1990s. The story is set in the near future and describes a period of hyperinflation and a socio-economic collapse. While it is a fictional story, it is essentially a survival manual dressed as fiction. It was re-released in December, 2006 in expanded form. One early reviewer of the novel commented: "While it is true that the protagonists appear to be part of the religious right, it is clearly incorrect to stereotype them as intolerant racists or anti-government zealots.". The publisher's synopsis describes the novel as "distinctly pro-Christian, pro-preparedness, pro-gun ownership, and anti-racist." 
Quotes Before Each Chapter
Rawles tends to start each chapter of his book with a quotation from a famous person.
Some of the quotes are from: the Bible, Thomas Jefferson, C.S. Lewis, John Stossel, John Jay Hooker, Chuck Baldwin, Al Gore, Richmond P. Hobson, Hávamál an ancient Norse poem, Pope Benedict, Jeff Cooper's situational awareness color code, Billy Graham, Jared Diamond's Collapse - How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed, Daniel Boone, Barton Biggs' Wealth, War and Wisdom and many others.
Other Books by James Wesley Rawles
- Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse from Huntington House Publishers, ISBN 978-1563841552 (November 1998)
- Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse (33 chapter expanded edition) from Xlibris, ISBN 978-1425734077 (December 2006)
- Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse (33 chapter edition with Glossary and Index) from Ulysses Press. (April 2009)
- Rawles on Retreats and Relocation from CafePress, No ISBN (January 2007)
- SurvivalBlog: The Best of the Blog, Volume 1 from CafePress, No ISBN (February 2007)
- How to Survive the End of The World as We Know It from Plume/Penguin Books (October 2009)
- Survivors - A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse, Atria Books (September, 2011)
- Founders - A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse, Atria Books (September, 2012)
- https://www.amazon.com/Liberators-Novel-Coming-Global-Collapse-ebook/dp/B00INIXOX6 Amazon.com Product Description, Accessed December 18, 2014
- Second Great Depression just weeks away, warns expert by Derek Clontz (The web page has been taken down, but it appears to date from 2007, more than 400 weeks ago.)
- William, Alex, "New Survivalism isn't just for eccentrics". New York Times, Published April 13, 2008
- SurvivalBlog Staff Biographies
- Technorato Rankings
- WND Commentary Five novels of freedom by Claire Wolfe, World Net Daily, September 30, 1999