Essay: Rhythmic, religious Latinos vs. atheist wet blankets
The abtract for the 2006 journal article Spirituality Among Latinas/os Implications of Culture in Conceptualization and Measurement declares:
|“|| Latinos are now the largest minority group in the United States...
Latino theological literature describes spirituality as integral with Latino culture. Although Latinos are not a monolithic or homogenous group, there are fundamental cultural influences that must be considered in an exploration of spirituality among Latinas/os....
Most of the empirical research in spirituality and religiosity among Latinos has targeted primarily Mexican Americans. These investigations indicate that spirituality and religiosity are interwoven with their daily lives and serve as foundations of strength in coping with life's struggles. For example, religious attendance was associated with psychological well-being across 3 generations of Mexican American families and with physical health status among Mexican American women. Latinos describe their faith as intimate and reciprocal relationships with God, family, and community, with these relationships playing an important role in health and well-being.
According to Study.com:
|“||One of the most famous aspects of Latin music is the rhythm, which is largely inspired by traditional African beats that were developed in the Caribbean. Although there are many variants on this rhythm, the most fundamental form is called the clave, which is simply the basic Latin rhythm. This basic beat is what holds all of the complex rhythmic patterns of Latin music in place.||”|
The atheists in the Western World haven't really produced much, if any, fun/rhythmic songs. That is because Western atheism is dominated by atheist nerds. In addition, many atheists are depressed due to their bleak worldview (see: Atheism and suicide and Atheism and depression and Atheism, agnosticism and pessimism). Furthermore, atheists lean to the left politically (see: Atheism and politics) and secular leftists are frequently humorless killjoys (see: Atheism and humor).
- 1 Olé! Olé! Olé! North Korean atheist style!
- 2 Does Richard Dawkins have machismo?
- 3 The obese, atheist Penn Jillette doing the Cha Cha and the dance move the walrus slide
- 4 Carlo Santana's video Maria, Maria features zero white, atheist, male nerds
- 5 Latino, rhythmic music (Notice the lack of white, atheist, nerd males in the videos)
- 6 Depressed and suicidal atheists, let get ready to rumba! Olé! Olé! Olé!
- 7 Señor Gringo Militant Atheist, American atheism is doomed! Olé! Olé! Olé!
- 8 Rhythmic Muslims vs. atheist wet blankets
- 9 Rhythmic, religious Africans vs. atheist wet blankets
- 10 Atheism and musical–rhythmic intelligence and artistic intelligence
- 11 Quotes
- 12 See also
- 13 References
Olé! Olé! Olé! North Korean atheist style!
Please see: Olé! Olé! Olé! North Korean, atheist style!
Does Richard Dawkins have machismo?
The obese, atheist Penn Jillette doing the Cha Cha and the dance move the walrus slide
Nothing demonstrates atheism and obesity like atheist Penn Jillette doing the dance move the "walrus slide". Please see the overweight atheist Penn Jillette do a "walrus slide" here: Penn Gillette Dancing The Cha Cha Cha One of the dancing judges said that Jillette was very heavy on his feet! Surprise, surprise!
For more information, please see: Penn Jillette's walrus slide vs. thin Indian Christian lady dancers
Carlo Santana's video Maria, Maria features zero white, atheist, male nerds
Latino, rhythmic music (Notice the lack of white, atheist, nerd males in the videos)
Depressed and suicidal atheists, let get ready to rumba! Olé! Olé! Olé!
Why atheists cannot truly appreciate flamenco music and Paco de Lucía
Señor Gringo Militant Atheist, American atheism is doomed! Olé! Olé! Olé!
Rhythmic Muslims vs. atheist wet blankets
Rhythmic, religious Africans vs. atheist wet blankets
Atheism and musical–rhythmic intelligence and artistic intelligence
See also: Atheism quotes
"I'm the wet blanket atheist...". - Atheist Siobhan O'Leary
"I don’t want to be a wet blanket...". - Atheist professor at Purdue University
"It's that time of year again. 'T'is the season to be jolly -- or, if you're an atheist activist, to throw a wet blanket over the holidays." - Robert Small, Self-Righteous Atheists Are Misguided Killjoys, American Thinker See: Atheism and Christmas and Santa syndrome
- Comedy and satires concerning atheism and evolution
- 10 telltale signs you are an atheist nerd
- Atheism vs. Islam
- Atheist music
- Atheism and dance
- Atheism and disco music
- Atheism and culture
- Lucille Ball's - religion
- Spirituality Among Latinas/os Implications of Culture in Conceptualization and Measurement by Maureen Campesino, PhD, RN, PsyNP and Gary E. Schwartz, PhD, ANS Adv Nurs Sci. 2006 Jan–Mar; 29(1): 69–81.
- Latin Music: Rhythm, Dance, Instruments & Characteristics
- Atheist Siobhan O'Leary on Twitter
- Atheism, minorities, white males, and just shutting up
- Self-Righteous Atheists Are Misguided Killjoys by Robert Small, American Thinker