Nord Stream pipeline
The Nord Stream II pipeline is a joint Russia-German project to build a gas pipeline directly between Russia and Germany beneath the Baltic Sea to avoid disruption of service in the event that Russia cuts off gas supplies to Ukraine. It was begun in response to the Magnitsky Act sanctions after the Crimean Annexation in 2014. The project was being built by Gazprom.
In November 2015, Pipeline Technology Journal reported that the Swedish military discovered a NATO remote operated vehicle (drone) rigged with explosives near the Nord Stream 2 pipeline.
Sabotage of the pipeline in the summer of 2022, presumably by haters of Russia, have caused a ‘colossal amount’ of leaked methane, twice initial estimates," which "is equivalent to third of Denmark’s annual CO2 emissions or 1.3m cars."
Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist reported that Biden ordered the illegal destruction of this pipeline, by detonating mines laid in the Baltic Sea:
|“||US President Joe Biden ordered the sabotage of the Nord Stream pipelines because he was unhappy with the level of support provided by German Chancellor Olaf Scholz to Ukraine in its conflict with Russia, veteran investigative journalist Seymour Hersh has claimed.||”|
On February 22, 2022, Germany halted approval of this pipeline, as retaliation for troop movements by Russia concerning Ukraine. Energy prices in Europe skyrocketed tenfold between 2021 and 2022, and are expected to rise even higher with the political delay of approval of this pipeline. To appease Leftist environmentalists, Germany dismantled all 17 of its nuclear power plants, despite being carbon-free clean energy.
Dmitry Medvedev, the former Russian president for one term (2008-2012) while Putin was barred by term limits, tweeted in response to Germany's decision to suspend this pipeline:
|“||German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has issued an order to halt the process of certifying the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline. Well. Welcome to the brave new world where Europeans are very soon going to pay €2.000 for 1.000 cubic meters of natural gas!||”|
€2,000 per 1,000 cubic meters is equal to $65 per thousand cubic feet, which is about 10 times the wholesale cost of gas in the Midwest (where prices have already risen sharply this winter).
On February 7, 2022, seventeen days before the Russian special military operation in Ukraine commenced, Michael Hudson, a research professor of Economics at University of Missouri, Kansas City, wrote:
|"The only way left for U.S. diplomats to block European purchases [of Russian gas] is to goad Russia into a military response and then claim that avenging this response outweighs any purely national economic interest. As hawkish Under-Secretary of State for Political Affairs, Victoria Nuland, explained in a State Department press briefing on January 27 : “If Russia invades Ukraine one way or another Nord Stream 2 will not move forward.” The problem is to create a suitably offensive incident and depict Russia as the aggressor.|
- See also: Donbas war and Great Reset
Michael Whitney writing in UNZ wrote:
|"The Ukrainian crisis has nothing to do with Ukraine. It’s about Germany and, in particular, a pipeline that connects Germany to Russia called Nord Stream 2. Washington sees the pipeline as a threat to its primacy in Europe and has tried to sabotage the project at every turn. Even so, Nord Stream has pushed ahead and is now fully-operational and ready-to-go. Once German regulators provide the final certification, the gas deliveries will begin. German homeowners and businesses will have a reliable source of clean and inexpensive energy while Russia will see a significant boost to their gas revenues. It’s a win-win situation for both parties.
The US Foreign Policy establishment is not happy about these developments. They don’t want Germany to become more dependent on Russian gas because commerce builds trust and trust leads to the expansion of trade. As relations grow warmer, more trade barriers are lifted, regulations are eased, travel and tourism increase, and a new security architecture evolves. In a world where Germany and Russia are friends and trading partners, there is no need for US military bases, no need for expensive US-made weapons and missile systems, and no need for NATO. There’s also no need to transact energy deals in US Dollars or to stockpile US Treasuries to balance accounts. Transactions between business partners can be conducted in their own currencies which is bound to precipitate a sharp decline in the value of the dollar and a dramatic shift in economic power. This is why the Biden administration opposes Nord Stream. It’s not just a pipeline, it’s a window into the future; a future in which Europe and Asia are drawn closer together into a massive free trade zone that increases their mutual power and prosperity while leaving the US on the outside looking in. Warmer relations between Germany and Russia signal an end to the “unipolar” world order the US has overseen for the last 75 years. A German-Russo alliance threatens to hasten the decline of the Superpower that is presently inching closer to the abyss. This is why Washington is determined to do everything it can to sabotage Nord Stream and keep Germany within its orbit. It’s a matter of survival.
Pepe Escobar followed up:
|"We should always remember that the ultimate goal in the U.S. plan of training Ukrainians for war since 2014 was to alienate Germany from Russia – as Germany de facto controls Euroland economically.
Imperial control of the oceans allows the Empire to strangle Germany at will into subservience by cutting them off from Russian energy – as the British did to Germany in WWII when Britannia ruled the waves. The Wehrmacht could not supply their mechanized army with fuel. Now, in theory, Germany and the EU will have to look to the seas – and total U.S. dependency – for their natural resources.
The remote-controlled Kiev regime dominated by SBU fanatics and Azov neo-Nazis is making it even harder – by shutting off all natural gas from Russia through Ukraine into Europe, reducing the flow by more than one third.
That translates as U.S.-enforced blackmail to force the EU to increase the Ukro-weaponizing against Russia. The practical consequences for Germany and the EU will be dire – in terms of shut down industries and cost of home heating and electrical power."
From the White House press briefing room podium, Biden junta chief propagandist Jen Psaki defended the Trump era sanctions against the Nord Stream II pipeline in February 2021, noting that any new pipeline carrying fossil fuel from Russia to Germany “goes against Europe’s own stated energy and security goals.” The pipeline is a massive scandal in Germany, with former Democratic Socialist chancellor Gerhard Schroeder on the board of the Nord Stream pipeline company and a major stockholder.
In May 2021 Joe Biden waived sanctions against the project and its CEO, Matthias Warnig, a former East German Stasi agent who partnered with the KGB whileVladimir Putin served in Dresden in the 1980s. The waivers were issued only one week after a cyberattack emanating from Russia shut down the Colonial Pipeline, resulting in shortages and gas lines in the eastern United States—for which Biden absolved Putin before an investigation started. The reversal of Trump-era policies made Biden appear to be a Putin puppet. CDMedia reported,
|"CDMedia wrote in the summer before the 2020 election about Joe Biden, and his energy and gas genius son Hunter, meeting with Russian gas executives in the United States, weeks after Russia annexed the Crimean Peninsula, and Obama/Biden were crowing in the news about how America needs to ‘get tough on Russia’....The ‘tough on Russia’ thing is a hoax. Biden just ensured billions of hydrocarbon revenue for the Kremlin. He just weakened the NATO alliance."|
The pipeline directly undercuts Germany's efforts to meet Paris Climate Agreement targets. The pipeline is intended to bail out Germany’s failed energy policies that first tilted left toward Green energy, and when it failed, Germany went back to high polluting coal. European countries opposed it because they don’t want Russia to impose hegemonic influence. French President Emmanuel Macron repeatedly publicly told Chancellor Angela Merkel that he opposed it. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky accused the Biden junta of handing Putin a "weapon,"
"This is a weapon, a real weapon … in the hands of the Russian Federation. It is not very understandable … that the bullets to this weapon can possibly be provided by such a great country as the United States. How many Ukrainian lives does the relationship between the United States and Germany cost?"
60 Ukrainian soldiers arrived in Germany on May 11, 2022 to begin 40 days training on the five-man operated Howitzer 2000 artillery system. Other training centers are reportedly opened or opening, thus making Germany a proxy of Ukraine and a participant in the conflict. Berlin is officially supplying weapons and training to a regime that upholds Nazi ideology. Hans-Georg Maassen, who headed Germany’s Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution, Germany’s domestic security agency from 2012 to 2018, warned his fellow citizens on May 25, 2022 that Germany was “sleepwalking” into war with Russia. Maassen cited on TV Berlin’s ‘Special’ program a ruling by the International Court of Justice that the supply of weapons to one of the warring parties in a conflict makes the supplier a party to the conflict, too.
The former intelligence chief argued that, contrary to what the German media says, “Ukraine is not a bastion of human rights, of freedom, peace and Western values.” Massen was terrified by the lack of public discussion on this issue, telling viewers:
|"We are now a warring party on Ukraine’s side. Let that sink in: We are a warring party. Against Russia."|
Nordstream terror attack
- See also: Morganthau Plan
In June 2022 the U.S. Navy announced it was testing the latest advancements in unmanned underwater vehicle technology in the Baltic Sea.
The USS Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group entered the Baltic Sea on September 4, 2022 the same day NATO began its Kharkov offensive. On September 26, 2022 NATO naval commandos sabotaged both the Nordstream I and Nordstream II pipelines in Danish water off the island of Barnholm, guaranteeing that the German people and others throughout the continent would freeze as winter approached. A NATO Boeing P8 Poseidon subhunter was also present over the sight where the sabotage occurred for 2 and 1/2 hours. The detachment of US Navy ships led by the amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge announced the completion of work in the area of the alleged sabotage on gas pipelines. US ships completed their tasks in the Baltic Sea and were spotted heading to the Baltic Straits into the North Sea.
The last location reports from Marinetraffic shows the Kearsarge and its fleet north of Bornholm. The ship was also east and south of Bornholm (where the pipeline runs) and switched off its AIS tracking system there. An alternative theory to destruction of the pipeline by the USS Kearsarge is a HAAWC (High Altitude Anti-Submarine Warfare Weapon Capability) an all-weather add-on glide kit that enables the Mk54 torpedo to be launched near or below the cruising altitude of the P8 Poseidon.
President Putin had proposed three weeks earlier to reopen the pipeline to alleviate Europeans home heating crisis while Biden had vowed to end the pipeline. The former Defense Minister of NATO ally Poland, Radosław Sikorski, thanked the United States on social media for destruction of the pipeline. The Polish Senate passed a resolution demanding $1.3 trillion in reparations for damages suffered during World War II from NATO ally Germany.
Denmark and Sweden refused access to the pipeline operators to inspect the damage.
Reaction to Biden regime terror attack
Biden advisor Antony Blinken called destruction of the pipeline a "tremendous opportunity" for the United States. President Putin said while speaking at Russia Energy Week in Moscow, “Those who benefit the most from the damage caused to the Nord Stream gas pipelines in the Baltic Sea are the ones responsible for it...Everybody understands who is behind this and who is the beneficiary...One can now force the liquefied natural gas from the United States on to European countries on a much larger scale”; as to the future Putin added: “The lost volume of transit through the Nord Streams, along the bottom of the Baltic Sea, we could also move to the Black Sea region and thus make the main routes for the supply of our fuel, our natural gas to Europe through Turkey, creating in Turkey the largest gas hub for Europe, if, of course, our partners are interested in this”. Politico reported that French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire told the French National Assembly, "We must not allow the conflict in Ukraine to result in American economic domination and a weakening of Europe...We cannot accept that our American partner sells its LNG at four times the price at which it sells it to its own companies."
Russia was denied participation in the investigation. The German government was denied seeing the results of the investigation. Sweden refused to make public the results of its investigation.
On October 4, 2022 Gazprom, the pipeline's owner, reported one pipeline was unaffected by the U.S. terrorist attack on the civilian infrastructure of its ally Germany, and may still be operational. However, on October 20, 2022 the Seismological Institute of the University of Helsinki recorded four new explosions at the bottom of the Gulf of Finland in the area where the Nord Stream gas pipeline passes on October 20, 2022.
Russian Foreign minister Sergey Lavrov remarked, “The United States decided that we have been cooperating too well with Germany over the past 20 or 30 years; or rather, the Germans cooperated with us too well...The powerful alliance based on Russian energy resources and German technology began to threaten the monopoly position of many American corporations...So, Washington decided to destroy this alliance between Moscow and Berlin, and did it literally by attacking the pipelines, which were built to deliver Russian gas to Europe through Germany.”
German member of the Bundestag Sevim Dagdelen told her fellow lawmakers:
|“It appears that the federal government has neither the strength nor the will to properly investigate these terrorist acts...It was the duty of Chancellor Olaf Scholz to ensure a full investigation into the explosions on the pipelines, which were vital to the country’s energy supply...It has become obvious to an increasing number of people in Germany that foreign policy should not lead to entering into serfdom to the United States...I call upon the federal government to at least refrain from preventing the creation of an international investigative commission, ideally under the aegis of the United Nations.”|
Michael Whitney writing un UNZ commented,
|" “The destruction of the Nord Stream pipeline was a gangster act that reveals the cancer at the heart of the “rules-based order”...How can there be peace and security when the world’s most powerful nation can destroy the critical infrastructure of other countries without deliberation or judicial proceedings?...What the incident shows is that unilateral action inevitably leads to criminal violence against the weak and defenseless...Biden’s covert operation hurt every man, woman and child in Europe.”|
- ↑ https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-blew-russian-gas-pipelines-nord-stream-1-2-says-former-polish-defense-minister
- ↑ https://www.pipeline-journal.net/news/explosive-laden-drone-found-near-nord-stream-pipeline
- ↑ https://youtu.be/EyKcW_OM5wo
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/sep/28/nord-stream-methane-gas-leaks-may-be-biggest-ever-with-warning-large-climate-risk
- ↑ https://www.rt.com/news/573530-biden-scholz-hersh-germany/
- ↑ https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/22/germany-halts-certification-of-nord-stream-2-amid-russia-ukraine-crisis.html
- ↑ https://twitter.com/medvedevrussia/status/1496112456858574849
- ↑ https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2022/02/michael-hudson-americas-real-adversaries-are-its-european-and-other-allies.html
- ↑ https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/the-crisis-in-ukraine-is-not-about-ukraine-its-about-germany/
- ↑ https://thesaker.is/empire-of-bioweapon-lies/
- ↑ https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/02/16/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-february-16-2021/
- ↑ https://www.politico.eu/article/opinion-schroders-russian-sell-out/
- ↑ https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/18/biden-sanctions-nord-stream-pipeline-489437
- ↑ https://www.dw.com/en/who-is-nord-streams-matthias-warnig-putins-friend-from-east-germany/a-56328159
- ↑ https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/05/20/what-we-know-about-darkside-the-russian-hacker-group-that-just-wrecked-havoc-on-the-east-coast/
- ↑ https://dennismichaellynch.com/daily-newsletter/
- ↑ https://creativedestructionmedia.com/analysis/2021/05/20/biden-is-not-tough-on-russia-quite-the-opposite/
- ↑ https://www.axios.com/zelensky-biden-ukraine-russia-nord-stream-pipeline-fe50756b-6b82-43f0-b390-734ea3e95de0.html
- ↑ https://www.nairaland.com/7107300/germany-warned-role-ukraine-conflict#112461045
- ↑ https://thepressunited.com/updates/germany-sleepwalking-into-war-with-russia-former-intel-chief/
- ↑ https://seapowermagazine.org/baltops-22-a-perfect-opportunity-for-research-and-resting-new-technology/
- ↑ https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/02/independent-evidence-video-confirms-key-part-sy-hershs-report-attack-nord-stream-2/
- ↑ https://www.navy.mil/Press-Office/News-Stories/Article/3153226/kearsarge-arg-and-22nd-meu-complete-training-with-sweden-and-nato/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/Jfpw9I01J0o?t=713
- ↑ https://news.usni.org/2022/09/26/usni-news-fleet-and-marine-tracker-sept-26-2022
- ↑ https://coercioncode.com/2022/09/28/__trashed-2/
- ↑ https://www.monkeywerxus.com/blog/the-nord-stream-2-pipeline-sabotage
- ↑ https://youtu.be/XPUwgaAScp8
- ↑ https://www.aa.com.tr/en/russia-ukraine-war/russia-ready-to-switch-on-nord-stream-ii-pipeline-tomorrow-if-europe-gives-green-light/2678820
- ↑ https://youtu.be/vbM7-r2VaMc
- ↑ https://eadaily.com/ru/news/2022/09/15/seym-polshi-prinyal-rezolyuciyu-s-trebovaniem-reparaciy-ot-frg
- ↑ https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/nord-stream-2-says-it-plans-examine-pipelines-after-police-probe-2022-10-04/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/radeksikorski/status/1574800653724966915
- ↑ https://mate.substack.com/p/in-nord-stream-attack-us-sees-a-tremendous
- ↑ https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Putin-Suggests-Creation-Of-European-Gas-Hub-In-Turkey.html
- ↑ https://subscriber.politicopro.com/article/2022/10/frances-le-maire-warns-against-american-gas-domination-00061111
- ↑ https://www.bitchute.com/video/0U1j7F1xtdeo/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/GGD8fuCs4Qc
- ↑ https://maritime-executive.com/article/gazprom-one-nord-stream-pipe-string-may-still-be-usable
- ↑ https://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000009154161.html
- ↑ https://en.rua.gr/2022/10/25/mysterious-explosions-in-the-gulf-of-finland/
- ↑ A German-Russian alliance
- ↑ https://www.bitchute.com/video/tYjBcrNFIBgo/
- ↑ https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/a-us-led-coalition-of-the-willing-foreshadows-the-splintering-of-nato/
- How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline, Seymour Hersh, February 8, 2023. substack.
- Nord stream pipeline underwater footage analysis, Amit Sengupt, Oct 19, 2022