|Carlos Antonio Giménez|
U.S. Representative from Florida's
26th Congressional District
|Assumed office |
January 3, 2021
|Preceded by||Debbie Mucarsel-Powell|
Mayor of Miami-Dade County
July 1, 2011 – November 17, 2020
|Preceded by||Carlos Alvarez|
|Succeeded by||Daniella Levine Cava|
Member of the Miami-Dade County Commission from the 7th District
January 3, 2005 – April 12, 2011
|Preceded by||Jimmy Morales|
|Succeeded by||Xavier Suarez|
|Born|| January 17, 1954 (age 69)|
|Alma mater||Barry University|
|Occupation||Mayor, retired firefighter|
Carlos Antonio Giménez (born January 17, 1954) (pronounced hee-men-ez) is an American congressman serving as a U.S. representative for Florida's 26th congressional district, and former mayor of Miami-Dade County, Florida. He successfully ran for United States House of Representatives in the 2020 elections, to challenge incumbent Democrat Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, winning in by a narrow margin.
Giménez endorsed and voted for Hillary Clinton during the 2016 U.S. presidential election, and yet somehow received President Donald Trump's endorsement for his 2020 House run.
Despite campaigning under the image of an independent populist conservative, Giménez has proven to be little more than another establishment RINO. He defended entrenched neocon Liz Cheney after she voted in favor of the sham impeachment against Donald Trump. He has also supported gun control measures in congress, and mass-amnesty for illegal aliens.
Giménez was born in Havana, Cuba to ranchers, and immigrated to the United States during the 1960s following the Cuban Revolution. In Miami, he attended Columbus High School and later graduated with a bachelor's degree from Barry University. Giménez joined the Miami Fire Department in 1975 and served as its chief until 2000.
2020 U.S. House election in Florida's 26th district
Giménez ran in the 2020 U.S. House elections against Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, a corrupt and openly anti-Cuban Democrat elected in the 2018 Midterms over then-incumbent RINO Carlos Curbelo by a close margin. While the congressional district is considered to be liberal, having favored Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election by a sixteen-point margin, the seat was at one point considered by the Cook Political Report to be a "tossup", though the increasingly unreliable election rating site later called the race "Lean Democrat". A poll in mid-July 2020 found Giménez in the lead by five points, mostly attributed to strong support from anti-socialist Cuban voters in the district.
Despite "fact-checks" riddled with liberal bias, Giménez has accurately noted Mucarsel-Powell's liberal hypocrisy regarding the Paycheck Protection Program established by the CARES Act. In turn, he has been attacked by the incumbent representative as well as the DCCC, the House campaign wing of the Democrat establishment.
Giménez won the general election in a major upset, defeating Mucarsel-Powell by 3 percentage points.
He was one of thirty-five Republicans to vote for the Partisan Hack resolution calling for an Investigation on Capital Hill.
Gimenez was on of nine Republicans to vote in favor of the amnesty bill for Dreamers and one of thirty to vote for the farm workforce amnesty bill.
Giménez' father, Carlos Giménez, Sr., died at the age of 98 on November 7, 2020.
- ↑ Carlos Gimenez, Trump’s ‘warrior,’ aims to flip Miami’s swing seat in Congress
- ↑ Trump Endorses Candidate Who Voted For Hillary, Told Him To Drop Out
- ↑ Congressman Carlos A. Gimenez on Twitter: "Liz Cheney...". Twitter. Retrieved January 24, 2021.
- ↑ https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/03/just-house-passes-gun-control-bill-expand-background-checks-8-republicans-voted-democrats/
- ↑ https://americanfaith.com/read-the-names-135-republicans-vote-with-democrats-to-advance-red-flag-gun-confiscation-bill-as-part-of-ndaa/
- ↑ https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/17/lindsey-graham-house-republicans-promote-amnesty-for-illegal-aliens-amid-border-crisis/
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Shady Oligarch’s Firm Paid Dem Candidate’s Husband $700,000
- ↑ Husband Of Democrat In Impeachment Hearings Took $700K From Firms Tied To Ukrainian Oligarch ‘Accused Of Ordering Contract Killings’: Reports
- ↑ FL-26: Debbie Mucarsel-Powell attacks Cubans
- ↑ Florida House Election Results 2018
- ↑ Introducing the 2017 Cook Political Report Partisan Voter Index
- ↑ 2020 House Race ratings | The Cook Political Report
- ↑ https://www.congressionalleadershipfund.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/CLF-FL-26-Survey-Memo2123.pdf
- ↑ Fact checking attack ads: Carlos Gimenez vs. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell
- ↑ In Florida congressional race, Carlos Gimenez’s salary, car come under attack
- ↑ DCCC Spanish radio ad goes after Republican Carlos Giménez in CD 26
- ↑ Multiple references:
- ↑ https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/19/35-house-republicans-vote-for-bill-to-establish-january-6-commission/
- ↑ https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/03/19/30-gop-reps-vote-farm-amnesty-govt-supplied-workforce/
- ↑ https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/18/nine-gop-members-vote-for-democrats-daca-amnesty/
- ↑ Two references:
- Official Website
- Profile at miamidade.gov
- Carlos Gimenez - Ballotpedia
- Twitter Page
- United States Mayors
- United States Representatives
- 117th United States Congress
- Anti Second Amendment
- Republican Establishment
- Amnesty Republicans
- Anti Second Amendment Republicans
- Never Trumpers
- Biden Putsch
- Republican Main Street Partnership
- Pro LGBT Republicans