Dr. Michael Savage (born Michael Alan Weiner, March 31, 1942) is a conservative talk show host. Savage opposes statism, unlimited immigration and Islamic fundamentalism, and defends America’s national sovereignty and distinct cultural identity.
Savage is the author of 19 books, including four New York Times Best Sellers: The Political Zoo, Liberalism is a Mental Disorder, The Savage Nation and The Enemy Within. His most recent book is Stop Mass Hysteria, which exposes hatred as the root of mass hysteria. Many of his books have been on botany and Nutritional Ethnomedicine. He holds doctorates in both economics and botany which he received from the University of California, Berkeley.
Savage is generally known to be more outspoken, or more direct, than other conservative commentators. Some view this as his way of driving home points to liberals, who he seems to view as cynical. Other conservatives are strongly against such methods. However, many do find them to be effective and count themselves as fans of his show, which was named by Talkers Magazine as the third most influential talk show in America.
In March 2004, he began a televised version of The Savage Nation on MSNBC, but was let go after telling a prank caller who identified himself as a, "sodomite," in Savage's words, to, "get AIDS and die." Savage explained that he was making a personal insult to a prank caller, who he considered to be harassing him, not to all gays. This is consistent with his treatment of other prank callers.
In 2007, he won the Freedom of Speech award from Talkers Magazine, a talk radio trade industry publication.
His nationally syndicated radio show is called, Savage Nation. In the early weeks of June 2007, Savage spent almost every minute of his show lambasting George W. Bush's proposed immigration reform bill. Savage takes credit for the defeat of the bill. He has also been credited with coining the terms, "compassionate conservative," and, "Islamo-fascist," which have gained wider usage in other circles.
Unlike most national conservatives, Savage strongly opposes Donald Trump's tariff policy. He considers tariffs to be little different than punitive sanctions, and claims that Trump's tariffs are part of a neoconservative conspiracy to incite not a trade war, but a shooting war with the target countries. This is a reversal of a previous position where he endorsed a 20% tariff on Chinese products as part of a manifesto to save America.
Savage believes in God, and as written and commented on the value of Christianity. However, he has also been known to sometimes mock Christians for their faith, and cite questionable theology.
Criticism of mass hate movements
After years of criticizing hatemongers (for their hateful hatred of scapegoats and/or opponents), Savage published a book called Stop Mass Hysteria,  which exposes hatred as the root of mass hysteria. The book spans American history, giving dozens of examples of "hysterical" hate movements.
Banned in Britain
Despite his clear and outspoken objections to hate attacks (and the hatred which inspires them), on May 5, 2009, Savage was placed on a list of persons who have either called for attacks against the British government, or have attacked and murdered individuals based on political or religious hatred. Others on the list included Jewish nationalist Mike Guzovsky; imprisoned Russian skinhead leaders Artur Ryno and Pavel Skachevsky; and Islamic leaders Wadgy Abd El Hamied Mohamed Ghoneim, Abdullah Qadri Al Ahdal, Safwat Hijazi, Amir Siddique, Abdul Ali Musa, Samir Al Quntar and Nasr Javed. Citing the hypocrisy of Britain in general, and British liberalism in particular when they stand by and listen to the calls for murder and destruction by Islamic fanatics within Britain, Savage said,
- "How can a nation put me on a list and leave hate preachers in England who say that we're going to kill all of you? We're going to convert all of you to Islam. How is it possible that those hate preachers can't be deported from Britain, but I can be banned from Britain? People who advocate actual murder cannot be deported from Britain. How is it that liberalism has gotten so distorted and cowardly?"
Knowing that his written and recorded record has never included such urgings, Savage responded by suing several Britons, including Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, the individual who "redefined" terrorism in Britain, and was responsible for putting Savage's name on the list. She resigned her ministerial position soon thereafter and went on to lose her Parliamentary seat a year later, although this was largely due to her involvement in the Common Expenses Scandal rather than Savage's actions.
Michael Savage lexicon
Michael Savage like Mark Levin is also known for his use of humorous and derogatory ways of describing names and organizations.
|Mainstream Media||Government-Media Complex|
|New York Times||Old York Times|
|CNN||Crescent News Network|
|Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr.||Pinchy|
|The Weekly Standard||The Meekly Standard|
|Nancy Pelosi||Nancy Lugosi|
|Mahmoud Ahmadinejad||The Hitler of our time|
|Barack Obama||Obummer, The Marxist-in-chief, Barry From Honolulu,The Thin Smoking Man|
|San Francisco||San Fransicko|
|Al Gore||Al Gorlioni of the Gorlioni Crime Syndicate|
|Prince Charles||Prince "Schmuck" Charles|
|Mark Levin||The guy who sounds like Groucho Marx's grandmother on laughing gas|
|Sean Hannity||The Wallbanger|
|Rush Limbaugh||The Golfer|
|Glenn Beck||The hemorrhoid with eyes|
|Neil Cavuto||The sock puppet|
|Shepard Smith||Schlep Smith|
|Nancy Grace||Nancy Graceless|
|Whoopi Goldberg||Whoopi cushion|
|Anderson Cooper||Anderson Blooper|
|Lou Dobbs||Duffy the Bartender|
|Ann Coulter||Schoolyard hag|
|Rick Sanchez||King of the worms|
|Keith Olbermann||The guy who urinates on himself|
|Michael Moore||Fatso, Fat Slob|
|Pat Buchanan||Pat "Buchenwald" Buchanan|
|Chris Matthews||Democrat Hack|
|Jake Tapper||Jake Tapwater|
|Rachel Maddow||Rachel Madcow|
|John McCain||John McShame, The Pill|
|Meghan McCain||The Whiny Chick, Pill Jr.|
|Marco Rubio||The Ice-Cream Man|
|Timothy Geithner||The Tax Cheat|
|Richard Durbin||Turban Durbin|
|Anita Dunn||Anita Dung|
|Janet Napolitano||Big Sis'|
|Newt Gingrich||The Go-PAC tick|
|Mike Huckabee||Mike Hucksterbee|
|John Boehner||"Cry Baby" Boehner, Pink Tie|
|Al Sharpton||Freddy's Fashion Mart|
|Kenneth Lewis||The Mad Hatter|
|Jamie Dimon||Jamie Demon, Jamie Diamond|
|Islamic terrorists||Throwbacks, Islamo-Fascists|
|Liberal Jews||Bagel and Lox Jews|
|Democratic Party||Democrat-Socialist Party of America|
|Liberal Republicans||Rockefeller Republicans|
|DMV||Department of Mexican Voting|
|Pseudo-Conservatives||Check-pants Conservatives, Country club Conservatives|
Literature as Michael A. Weiner
- Earth Medicine—Earth Foods: Plant Remedies, Drugs, and Natural Foods of the North American Indians, New York: Macmillan Publishers USA, 1972, ISBN 0-02-625610-X
- Plant a Tree: A Working Guide to Regreening America, New York: Collier Books, 1975, ISBN 0-471-57104-0
- Bugs in the Peanut Butter: Dangers in Everyday Food, Boston: Little, Brown and Company, 1976, ISBN 0-316-92860-7
- Man's Useful Plants, New York: Macmillan Publishers USA, 1976, ISBN 0-02-792600-1
- The Taster's Guide to Beer: Brews and Breweries of the World, New York: Macmillan Publishers USA, 1977, ISBN 0-02-625600-2
- The Way of the Skeptical Nutritionist: A Strategy for Designing Your Own Nutritional Profile, New York: Macmillan Publishers USA, 1981, ISBN 0-02-625620-7
- The Art of Feeding Children Well with Kathleen Goss, Warner Books, 1982, ISBN 0-446-97890-6
- Nutrition Against Aging, New York: Bantam Books, 1983, ISBN 0-553-23642-3
- Secrets of Fijian Medicine, San Rafael, Calif.: Quantum Books, 1983, ISBN 0-912845-02-3
- Vital Signs, San Diego: Avant Books, 1983, ISBN 0-932238-20-3
- Dr. Savage's High Fiber Counter, New York: Pinnacle Books, 1984, ISBN 0-523-42211-3
- Getting Off Cocaine, New York: Avon Publications, 1984, ISBN 0-380-67900-0
- The People's Herbal: A Family Guide to Herbal Home Remedies, Los Angeles: Putnam Publishing Group, 1984, ISBN 0-399-50756-6
- Maximum Immunity: How to Fortify Your Natural Defenses Against Cancer, AIDS, Arthritis, Allergies—Even the Common Cold—And Free Yourself from Unnecessary Worry for Life, Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 1986, ISBN 0-395-37910-5
- Reducing the Risk of Alzheimer's, New York: Stein and Day Publishers, 1987, republished under the name Michael Savage, Ph.D., 2007, ISBN 0-946551-53-7
- The Complete Book of Homeopathy: The Holistic & Natural Way to Good Health, Garden City Park, N.Y.: Avery Publishing, 1989, ISBN 0-89529-412-5
- Weiner's Herbal: The Guide to Herb Medicine with Janet A. Weiner, Dr. Norman R. Farnsworth, San Rafael, Calif.: Quantum Books, 1990, ISBN 0-912845-03-1
- The Herbal Bible: A Family Guide to Herbal Home Remedies, San Rafael, Calif.: Quantum Books, 1992, ISBN 0-912845-06-6
- Healing Children Naturally, San Rafael, Calif.: Quantum Books, 1993, republished under the name Michael Savage, Ph.D., 2007, ISBN 0-912845-10-4
- Herbs That Heal: Prescription for Herbal Healing, Mill Valley, Calif.: Quantum Books, 1994, ISBN 0-912845-11-2
- The Antioxidant Cookbook: A Nutritionist's Secret Strategy for Delicious and Healthy Eating, Mill Valley, Calif.: Quantum Books, 1995, ISBN 0-912845-13-9
Literature as Michael Savage
- The Death of the White Male: The Case Against Affirmative Action, Mill Valley, Calif.: Quantum Books, 1991, ISBN 0-912845-08-2
- The Compassionate Conservative Speaks, San Rafael, Calif.: Quantum Books, 1995, ISBN 0-912845-13-9
- The Savage Nation: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Borders, Language, and Culture, Nashville, Tenn: WND Books, 2002, ISBN 0-7852-6353-5
- The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Churches, Schools, and Military, Nashville, Tenn: Nelson Current, 2003, ISBN 0-7852-6102-8
- Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder: Savage Solutions, Nashville, Tenn: Nelson Current, 2005, ISBN 1-59555-006-2
- The Political Zoo, Nashville, Tenn: Nelson Current, 2006, ISBN 1-59555-042-9
- Psychological Nudity: Savage Radio Stories, San Francisco: Savage Productions, 2008, ISBN 1-4276-3401-7
- Banned in Britain: Beating the Liberal Blacklist, New York: Plume, 2009, ISBN 978-1-4276-4253-0
- Trickle Up Poverty: Stopping Obama's Attack on Our Borders, Economy, and Security, New York: William Morrow and Company, 2010, ISBN 978-0-06-201097-1
- Abuse of Power, New York: St. Martin's Press, 2011, ISBN 978-0-312-65161-9
- Trickle Down Tyranny, New York: William Morrow and Company, April 3, 2012, ISBN 978-0-06-208397-5
- Train Tracks: Family Stories of the Holidays, New York: HarperCollins, 2012, ISBN 978-0-06-221084-5
- A Time for War, New York: St. Martin's Press, 2013, ISBN 978-0-31-265162-6
- Stop the Coming Civil War: My Savage Truth, Center Street, 2014, ISBN 1-4555-8243-3
- Countdown to Mecca, St. Martin's Press, 2015, ISBN 978-1-250-03526-4 (hardcover)
- Government Zero: No Borders, No Language, No Culture, Center Street, 2015, ISBN 978-1455536115
- http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Michael_Savage SourceWatch
- Talkers Magazine 100 Most Important Radio Talk Show Hosts in America, 2008
- https://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2003-07-07-msnbc-fires-savage_x.htm MSNBC fires Michael Savage after anti-gay comments
- Monday, June 25, 2007, "The Savage Nation," 750 KPRC (Houston).
- World Net Daily Bio on Michael Savage
- Michael Savage Bio at Nopac Talent
- THE PARADOX OF TURKEY – Have the Neocons under John Bolton seized America’s foreign policy for the worse?
- The Savage Manifesto [Plan to Save America]