Christopher John Matthews is the liberal Democrat host of the talk show Hardball with Chris Matthews. He has worked for four Democrat politicians. He was a speechwriter for President Jimmy Carter and wrote Carter's infamous "malaise" speech. Despite his claim that he voted for George W. Bush in 2000, like all hosts and "journalists" on MSNBC he is a vocal opponent of the Republican Party and was vehemently opposed to the Bush Administration in particular throughout George W. Bush's presidency.
Matthews is a supporter of evolution and has referred to people who do not believe in Darwinism as troglodyte and Luddites. He has also referred to Catholics and Mormons as "cultists", meaning Matthews believes that the Catholic and Mormon religions are cults.
Matthews has bizarrely criticized Michele Bachmann, as in calling the more-learned Bachmann a "balloon head" and asking her, "has someone hypnotized you"? Matthews also engages in on-going, random attacks on Fox News Channel pundit Bill O'Reilly, which have raised eyebrows in the broadcast community because they are interlaced into Matthews' broadcasts without context or explanation.
Matthews has also won a series of awards ranging from the David Brinkley Award for Excellence in Broadcast Journalism to the Gold Medal Award from the Pennsylvania Society.
Chris Matthews is well known as a strident supporter and follower of Barack Obama. In step with liberal values, Matthews has double standards and avoids criticizing Obama. He is a fervent supporter of Obama's out-of-control spending policies, claiming that "the government creates jobs."
Typical for leftists of his generation, he possesses an antipathy towards the U.S. military. In December 2009, when Obama announced a troop increase in Afghanistan at the United States Military Academy at West Point, Matthews referred to the academy as "the enemy camp."
Matthews has been known to slur his words on air due to a possible drinking problem.
In 2010, Chris Matthews was recognized at the Media Research Center's twenty-third annual award ceremony for the year's worst reporting: "Best of Notable Quotables 2010."
"My... I felt this thrill going up my leg" when Obama spoke.
- Capital One
- Golden Corral
- Liberty Mutual
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals 
- ↑ https://dailycaller.com/2012/01/26/chris-matthews-disparages-creationists-troglodyte-luddites-video/
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://www.mediaite.com/tv/chris-matthews-to-michele-bachmann-has-someone-hypnotized-you/
- ↑ Matthews Bashes Bush for Holding Saudi King's Hand in 2005, Ignores Obama's Bow to Same Man in 2009, Newsbusters, February 6, 2011
- ↑ http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2011/08/07/matthews-everyone-knows-government-creates-jobs
- ↑ http://www.mediaite.com/online/glenn-beck-wonders-if-chris-matthews-slurs-his-words-because-he-has-a-drinking-problem/
- ↑ The Twenty-Third Annual Awards for the Year's Worst Reporting. Best of Notable Quotables 2010, mrc.org, Accessed December 27, 2010.
- John Nolte. Michele Bachman Humiliates Chris Matthews: How’s That Leg Tingle Doing Tonight?, BigJournalism.com, November 2, 2010.
- Brad Wilmouth. Matthews: Obama Speech Caused 'Thrill Going Up My Leg', NewsBusters, February 13, 2008.
- ↑ http://youtu.be/no9fpKVXxCc
- ↑ http://www.mrctv.org/blog/mrc-releases-10-liberal-programs-and-their-advertisers-0