|Christopher Henry "Chris" Smith|
|U.S. Representative from New Jersey's 4th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 1981 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
Christopher Henry Smith, known as Chris Smith (born March 4, 1953), is a pro-life U.S. Representative who has since 1981 represented the 4th congressional district of his native New Jersey. Otherwise, he is considered a Moderate Republican, even a Liberal Republican.
Rep. Smith voted in late July 2020 to remove Civil War-era statues. He also voted in mid-September 2020 for a bill sponsored by far-left Democrat Grace Meng to condemn the use of the term "Chinese virus" as being "racist". In 2021, he supported "gun control" measures in congress.
He was one of thirty-five Republicans to vote for the Partisan Hack resolution calling for an Investigation on Capital Hill.
He voted in favor of the Farm Amnesty Bill.
Smith faces a conservative primary challenge in June 2022 from Mike Crispi. National Committeeman Bill Palatucci said that the Republican National Committee is dispatching teams and sending funds to help Smith beat Crispi. Near the end of the campaign, Crispin appeared on Fox News' Tucker Carlson Tonight to stress Smith's undermining of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.
- ↑ Religious affiliation of members of 116th Congress
- ↑ The List: 72 Republicans Vote with Democrats to Remove Civil War-Era Memorabilia from U.S. Capitol
- ↑ Roll Call 193 | Bill Number: H. Res. 908
- ↑ https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/03/just-house-passes-gun-control-bill-expand-background-checks-8-republicans-voted-democrats/
- ↑ https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/19/35-house-republicans-vote-for-bill-to-establish-january-6-commission/
- ↑ https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/03/19/30-gop-reps-vote-farm-amnesty-govt-supplied-workforce/
- ↑ New Jersey Establishment Republicans in Panic Mode as Vulnerable Chris Smith Seeks Re-Election. Free Republic. Retrieved on April 19, 2022.
- Right to Life
- Former Democrats
- New Jersey
- United States Representatives
- Eagle Scouts
- Political Correctness
- Anti Second Amendment
- Republican Establishment
- Amnesty Republicans
- Liberal Republicans
- Moderate Republicans
- Anti Second Amendment Republicans
- Biden Putsch
- Republican Main Street Partnership
- Catholic Politicians