American Association of Retired Persons
American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), is a liberal interest group with a membership of over 39 million members, for people age 50 and over in the United States. As a progressive-run organization, the AARP heavily promotes the Obama Administration's Health Care Reform legislation. AARP claims to represent retired people, yet the retired people will have the most to lose in national health coverage. Even though AARP says they are nonpartisan, a review of their policies and politics reveal left-wing liberal bias.
The AARP mission states "AARP is dedicated to enhancing quality of life for all as we age. We lead positive social change and deliver value to members through information, advocacy and service." 
- 1 More federal spending and bigger government
- 2 Progressive tax policy
- 3 Entitlements for migrant workers
- 4 Support of CHIP
- 5 Against Social Security Privatization
- 6 Active For Healthcare Reform
- 7 Support of Homosexuals
- 8 Opposition to Voter ID
- 9 Current AARP Leadership
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
More federal spending and bigger government
"AARP has been consistent in its efforts to promote more federal spending and bigger government. They were active promoters of the Medicare Catastrophic Coverage Act (1988) which became law; and when seniors found out the outrageous bill they were paying for this new government bonanza, their protests became so strong that Congress took the unheard of action toward a seniors program: it repealed it the next year (1989)." "The AARP opposed a balanced budget constitutional amendment. They opposed efforts to slow down the rapid growth of Medicare, indifferent to the need of saving this program for seniors. They oppose reform of Social Security which would save the system and allow individuals to have individual retirement accounts. They consistently push for more spending on entitlement programs." 
Progressive tax policy
- "Vertical equity means that tax burdens—the percentage of income paid in taxes—should increase with a measure of ability to pay, usually income. Vertical equity implies a progressive tax structure."
- "Congress should retain an estate tax as an important component of our tax structure because it helps reduce the concentration of wealth in our society and prevents large amounts of capital income from escaping tax entirely." 
Entitlements for migrant workers
"AARP supports efforts to meet the needs, particularly of older and disabled workers, including making them aware of low income assistance programs for which they may be eligible." 
Support of CHIP
"“President Bush wrongly vetoed kid’s health care legislation today. CHIP is a critical program that helps millions of lower-income children get the health care they need and strengthening it would have been a smart and responsible way to begin addressing our nation’s health care crisis." 
Against Social Security Privatization
"The AARP is using an old strategy: trying to scare the wits out of old people. The organization's executives want its members to think that Social Security will be destroyed by offering young people the option of personal accounts." 
Active For Healthcare Reform
The AARP is helping to speed the transfer of healthcare decisions by backing Obama's disastrous takeover of the private sector health industry. The organization is everywhere trying to influence the vote in Obama's favor. The AARP members forced into government-run, universal health plans will be given the absolute worst healthcare treatment because they cost the most. See page 85 Line 7- Specifications of Benefits Level 4 Plans. The bill is a deficient piece of legislation that will drive-up health costs and ration care to patients.
In their push for Obamacare, the AARP had been holding healthcare "listening sessions." Due to overwhelming opposition by concerned members, AARP has cancelled future events. AARP employees couldn't get the official Obama message across and told members to shut up and to keep quit.
Fox News did a poll with senior citizens and found 93% are satisfied with their current healthcare coverage. Stuart Barton, president of the American Seniors Association said, "The AARP speaks out of both sides of their mouth and tells their constituents or their members one thing and do another," responding to the AARP claim of being a bi-partisan organization when it comes to the needs of the constituents.
It a classic attempt at liberal deceit, the AARP claims it has not backed Obama's plan to reform healthcare. That is just doublespeak because the AARP are lobbyists for and heavily promotes the Obama Care message with multimillion-dollar television ads, internet advertising and an eight million direct mail campaign.
In addition to promoting Obamacare, AARP defends the administration and their tactics to discredit opposition. A report from the insurance industry predicts massive tax increases on Americans if ObamaCare is enacted. The Obama administration has made significant attempts to discredit and demonize health insurance companies even though the rank #86 in profit margins. The tax increase message didn't sit well with the AARP as they do their bidding for Obama and claim lies.
Support of Homosexuals
Most people are unaware of AARP's ideology, it has embraced homosexual activist causes.
- Promoted gay sensitivity training sessions that essentially serves as "re-education" sessions, partnering with the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Human Rights Campaign, Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, Senior Action in a Gay Environment, Lesbian and Gay Aging Issues Network.
- AARP hosted a gay pride event and invited a senior homosexual organization to establish an exhibit (June 2001).
- AARP's Andrus Foundation provided a matching-funds grant to a homosexual senior organization, SAGE, in 2002.
- AARP featured gay pride month on its 2001 and 2002 online calendars.
- AARP invited homosexual "anti-homophobia" groups to its national annual meeting in Chicago in 2003.
Opposition to Voter ID
“We believe that Congress has approved a simple, uniform procedure to register to vote in federal elections and that requiring additional proof of citizenship is unnecessary and impedes the ability of voters to vote, especially voters who are older and/or disabled and may not have access to the required documents,” - AARP, opposing a Kansas voter ID law 
Current AARP Leadership
- William D. Novelli , Chief Executive Officer
- Erik D. Olsen , President 2006 - 2008
- Jennie Chin Hansen , President-Elect in 2008
- Joanne Disch , Chair - Board of Directors
- [http://bulletin.aarp.org/yourworld/politics/articles/the_difficult_details_of_health_care_reform.html?CMP=KNC-360I-MSN-BULL&HBX_OU=52&HBX_PK=aarp_health_care_reform AARP Bulletin
- AARP History
- AARP: ASSOCIATION AGAINST RETIRED PERSONS
- http://assets.aarp.org/www.aarp.org_/articles/legpolicy/2_tax07.pdf The Policy Book - Chapter 2 - Taxation
- Migrant Workers
- http://www.aarp.org/research/press-center/presscurrentnews/aarp_says_president_wrong_to_veto_chip.html AARP Says President Wrong to Veto CHIP], October 3, 2007
- AARP Invests in Hypocrisy, Capitalism Magazine, James K. Glassman, March 7, 2005
- [Healthcare Bill]
- AARP ORGANIZERS CANCEL ‘LISTENING SESSION’ AFTER PARTICIPANTS REFUSE TO ‘KEEP THEIR COMMENTS QUIET’ VIDEO Breitbart.com
- AARP Faces Backlash From Seniors Over Health Care Reform Stance, Fox News, August 10, 2009
- USAA, Doctors, Big Pharma to Flood Congress With Lobbyists, NewsMax.com, September 4, 2009
- Health Insurance Industry's Profit Margins Rank #86, SeekingAlpha.com
- AARP Slams Insurers on Healthcare Report, NewsMax.com, October 12, 2009
- AARP: It's Not Who You Think It Is AARP expands Social mission
- http://www.aarp.org/ Official website
- Put the AARP in the Progressive Camp, Bill O'Reilly, December 9, 2004
- Putting the "Facts" Back into the O'Reilly Factor, AARP response to the Bill O'Reilly article, December 10, 2004
- Liberals Level Full-Scale Assault at USA Next, USA Next, February 28, 2005
- AARP’s Agenda, National Review Online, Peter Ferrara, February 10, 2005
- AARP: ASSOCIATION AGAINST RETIRED PERSONS, 60 Plus Association, James L. Martin, Accessed November 7, 2007