|Sports:||Baseball, basketball, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, rowing, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, volleyball, wrestling, water polo|
|Endowment:||$2.5 billion (as of 6/30/19)|
Indiana University is a public university established in Indiana in 1816. The school is spread across 8 campuses in Indiana: South Bend, East, Fort Wayne, Northwest, Southeast, Indianapolis, Kokomo and, its flagship, Bloomington. The school ranked #75 in US News's 2008 "National Universities: Top Schools" list.
David Starr Jordan was a professor of zoology from 1875 to 1885 and then served as UI's seventh President from 1885 to 1891. He then left to help found Stanford University. Jordan Hall, Jordan River, Jordan Avenue and the Jordan Parking Garage were all named in his honor. On July 2, 2020, a committee was appointed to consider renaming these because some people disagree with certain statements and views that Jordan held.
- U.S. and Canadian 2019 NTSE Participating Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2019 Endowment Market Value, and Percentage Change in Market Value from FY18 to FY19 (PDF). Retrieved on 2020-09-06.
- Chronology (English). Indiana University.
- Indiana University (English). Indiana University.
- National Universities: Top Schools (English). US News.
- Committee appointed to review Jordan namings on IU Bloomington campus (July 2, 2020). Retrieved on 2020-09-10.
- History - Past Champions (English). NCAA.
- INDIANA HISTORY DATABASE (English). National Champs. (ignore the heading)
- Indiana University Bloomington Official Site
- Indiana University Indianapolis Official Site
- Indiana University East Official Site
- Indiana University Fort Wayne Official Site
- Indiana University Kokomo Official Site
- Indiana University Northwest Official Site
- Indiana University South Bend Official Site
- Indiana University Southeast Official Site