North Carolina State University
|North Carolina State University|
|City:||Raleigh, North Carolina|
|Sports:||baseball, basketball, cheerleaders, cross country, dance team, football, golf, rifle, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, volleyball, wrestling|
North Carolina State University (or NC State) is a North Carolina public university founded in 1887. It ranked #85 in US News's 2008 "National Universities: Top Schools" list. It is a constituent of the University of North Carolina system.
NC State currently has 12 men's and 13 women's sports teams. The football program has won 12 bowl games (while losing 10 and tying 1). The men's basketball program has won 2 national championships; the 1983 title featured a last-second win over heavily favored Houston's "Phi Slama Jama" program. Greatest Conservative Sports Star Phillip Rivers attended the school.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.gopack.com/
- ↑ http://www.ncsu.edu/about-nc-state/history/index.php
- ↑ http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/t1natudoc_brief.php
- ↑ Constituent Universities (English). University of North Carolina.
- ↑ http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/database/northcarolinastate_database.htm
- ↑ http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/mens/history