University of Missouri
|University of Missouri|
|Sports:||baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, gymnastics, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, volleyball, wrestling|
|Mascot:||Truman the Tiger (Tigers)|
The University of Missouri (or Mizzou) is a Missouri public university founded in 1839. It ranked #91 in US News's 2008 "National Universities: Top Schools" list.  Per 'Niche.com', the political views of the student body (based on 91 responses) are rather expected. In those 91 responses the data is found as follows: ~20% Identify as Republican, ~40% identify as Democratic, ~15% Independent and the other notable ~20% claim to not care about politics. 
The mascot of the Tigers team, 'Truman the Tiger' who was named after the states only native state President, Harry S. Truman.'Truman the Tiger' has won the nations favorite mascot award twice in his history starting in 1985 (once in 2004 then again in 2014).
Mizzou's team is the Tigers, making them one of forty three (1/43) collegiate teams in Division I,II and III are named the 'Tigers".  While five Division I teams are named after Tigers. 
- ↑ http://mutigers.cstv.com/
- ↑ http://www.missouri.edu/about/
- ↑ http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/t1natudoc_brief.php
- ↑ https://www.niche.com/colleges/university-of-missouri/students/
- ↑ https://showme.missouri.edu/2021/the-history-of-truman-the-tiger/
- ↑ https://kscequinox.com/2012/04/the-most-and-least-popular-team-nicknames-in-college-sports/#:~:text=Louisiana%20State%20University%20%28LSU%29%2C%20Auburn%20University%2C%20Tennessee%20State,with%2032%20other%20colleges%20in%20the%20United%20States.
- ↑ https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/7/19/16001000/clemson-lsu-missouri-auburn-tigers-wild