Main Page/Previous Conservapedia Breaking News/Archives/August 2007
Amnesty International "is accused of 'duping' the singers Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavigne, who have both made statements against abortion and are among contributors to an Amnesty CD released to raise money for survivors of the atrocities in Darfur." Rock for Life, pictured here, also complains about being misled. More liberal deceit?
Alberto Gonzales resigns, after months of political witch-hunts on the part of deceitful liberals. President Bush said he reluctantly accepted the resignation of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, whose "good name was dragged through the mud for political reasons." It is customary for top officials (e.g., Karl Rove, Tony Snow) to leave at this time to obtain top private-sector positions.
The Mob Wins. Townhall.com
Britain's leading scientists have made a final plea for the right to create the first animal-human embryos for medical research using eggs taken from dead cows! 
Is Fidel Castro dead? With so much liberal deceit, it would not surprise anyone if Cuba is lying about even his death. Miami Police "Chief John Timoney said, 'Two nights ago, the head of the FBI called me, at about 11 o'clock at night and said the chatter is stronger and more frequent than usual, so, there is something there.'"
Outrage: A sculptor for Communist China will create the new monument to Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. between the national memorials to Abraham Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson. "King would have abhorred the Chinese government's record on religious and civil liberty," say human rights advocates.
The New York Times' computer system was the source of the pre-election smear on Republicans and Tom DeLay at Wikipedia®, calling him the "Grand Dragon" of the Republican Party just prior to the November 2006 elections. How many other liberal smears of conservatives come from the New York Times?
"My name is Bryan Henderson and I am an 18 year old senior attending Princeton Senior High School. ... Operation Tiger Claw was my first attempt at leading a protest against the apathy and leftism running rampant at my school. It all started on Friday, May 14th with a small act of conservative pride. My socialist history teacher was on another kick about how articulate Noam Chomsky was, when I finally reached my limit." The pictures tell this story.
World Government strikes again: the WTO has ruled in favor of Antigua and against the United States, and the New York Times reports that this may force Congress to repeal its law against Internet gambling 
Phyllis Schlafly is correct:
- The NEA Lists Its Goals And Democrats Agree. The Conservative Voice
- The Latest 'Major' Fad in Public Schools. Human Events 
Fall American football news: the Jacksonville Jaguars Foundation continues to be a large donor to Planned Parenthood of NE Florida. Planned Parenthood is the United States' largest abortion provider.
- Ann Coulter explains why "Democrats are counting on illegal immigrants to be the future of their party". Human Events: 
- Court rules: Illegal aliens not really 'illegal' WorldNetDaily
- New Romney Ad Targets Illegal Migrants. Townhall
How Low Will It Go?
Just when you thought things were bad, now they get worse.
Congressional Democrats register 18% in Gallup Approval Poll, the lowest ever in United States History. Not since the Poll began when Democrats initated impeachment proceedings against Richard Nixon, have the American people registered such disgust. Gallup Poll
US Senator James Inhofe's global warming brain trust now reports a new Brookhaven study: global warming is nothing but hot air. Says one reviewer: "You can go outside and spit and have the same effect as doubling carbon dioxide." WorldNetDaily. Read the study here.
Planned Parenthood Sues to Strike Down Missouri Abortion Law. 
Abortion is wrong and these doctors are using deceit.
Partial-Birth Abortion Ban's Legal Loophole. Doctors are circumventing the law by using lethal drugs to kill fetuses in the womb, so the baby is not alive when it's "delivered."
Fox News story: 
The Conservative Voice 
Conservapedians are praying for the tragic victims of a massive 8.0 earthquake near Lima, Peru. Death toll has reached 600 dead, 2600+ injured. Officials say deaths could be in the thousands. President Alan Garcia said 80,000 people had lost loved ones, homes or both.  This site takes donations.
From Australia - Stories from the Herald Sun:
- Australian journalist's perspective: Why we should love America 
- God's vote is counted, say Christians 
- Activists armed with Bush protest 'go bags' 
- Public school officials name a new school using the wrong name for a president. But no one is fired, fined, or even reprimanded for this humiliating misnaming of an entire school, which was supposed to be named after James Madison. Instead, it was incorrectly named "James A. Madison." 
- Back to college news: "New safety precautions will greet college students returning to some campuses this fall — part of the legacy of the Virginia Tech massacre in April."
- Back to school sports news: these states feel compelled to randomly test high school athletes for steroid use:
- Here's a novel suggestion: how about public schools teaching that steroid use is cheating and morally wrong?
"Members of Quebec's only Mennonite community say they'll move out of the province before they'll send their children to government-approved schools." The Canadian province Québec insists the group's children must go to a sanctioned school. 
A liberal lie can be more profitable than the truth. This article describes how the use of "anonymous" sources resulted in spreading liberal falsehoods. Which of those false stories should be added next to our entry on deceit?
Hastert, Longest-Serving GOP Speaker, Announces Retirement. US Representative Dennis Hastert, an Illinois Republican who served as speaker of the House from 1999 through 2006, said that he will not seek re-election in 2008.
Announcement on Rep. Hastert's website: 
CNSNews story: 
Another despicable case of a city legislature demanding the removal of the American flag: 
Back to public school news: Drug use at public schools worsens
"Four in five teens in high school told researchers they have witnessed the use, sale or possession of illegal drugs on high school grounds, or seen someone who was drunk or high on campus."
Do parents really think their kids are learning in public schools???
"...somebody from a computer traced to Democrat HQ edited a page on conservative American radio host Rush Limbaugh, calling him 'idiotic', 'ridiculous' and labeling his 20 million listeners as legally retarded.'" 
Elizabeth Edwards, wife of Democratic candidate John Edwards, lambastes his rival Barack Obama as "holier than thou" on the Iraq war and accuses Hillary Rodham Clinton of failing to show leadership on health care and Iraq. Fox News 
Back to atheistic public school ... and back to more Columbines? Three teenagers plead no contest to charges that they were planning an imitation of Columbine in Wisconsin. "Police said Cornell and Sturtz had long been fascinated by the April 1999 Columbine massacre in Littleton, Colo., in which two students armed with guns, knives and bombs killed 12 classmates and a teacher before killing themselves. Cornell, 18, pleaded no contest to conspiracy to commit homicide, possession of explosives for unlawful purposes and possession of a short-barreled shotgun. Sturtz, 18, pleaded no contest to conspiracy to commit homicide. Netwal, 19, pleaded no contest to conspiracy to damage property with explosives."
Liberal "Computer hackers posted an anti-war message on the U.N.'s official Web site, claiming that U.S. and Israeli policies in the Middle East were taking innocent lives, the United Nations said."
Karl Rove announces his resignation!!!! The architect of the Republican Party for the past 7 years is stepping aside, further opening up the 2008 presidential race.
Who gets the last laugh?
After being hounded from public service with baseless smears, Book publishers vying for multi-million dollar book deal. 
Ever wonder why Wikipedia entries are filled with so much junk? This recommendation has been telling people to add lots of filler to entries so that people won't notice the harmful stuff. Is it any wonder that intelligent editors are moving to higher quality sites?
An illegal alien from Peru is charged with the cold-blooded murder of three peaceful youngsters aged 18 to 20 who were "listening to music at the schoolyard."
"Three of them -- Terrance Aeriel, 18, Dashon Harvey, 20; and Iofemi Hightower, 20 -- were forced to kneel against a wall and were shot execution-style."
Ever wonder why schools cost so much? The University of Florida's "student-run speakers bureau, Accent, has offered Jack Kevorkian $50,000 to speak at the university. Kevorkian, an advocate of physician-assisted suicide, has accepted the offer, according to his attorney." Notice how that Ocala news link doesn't tell you that Kevorkian just got of jail a few months ago after serving an 8-year prison sentence for murder... Our school tax dollars at work!
- Fire Dept to Investigate 'Gay Pride' Parade Sexual Harassment Claims 
- 'Hate crimes' charge doesn't require 'hate' 
- Christian mayor rejects 'gay pride' flag 
About Global Warming:
- Russia Welcomes Global warming as Answer to All Its Prayers 
- Senator’s Office Objects To Disgraceful Newsweek Global warming Article 
- $100,000 Offered to Prove Global warming: Can You Save Al Gore? 
- Gore Refuses to Debate Global warming Theory 
- Newsweek's Attack Job on 'Global warming Deniers' 
- Global warming at Odds With Science 
- Ex-Clinton Official Ties Minneapolis Bridge Collapse To Global warming 
- Junk science: How Now Brown Cloud? 
- Abnormally Cold Temperatures in Texas Threaten Cotton Crop 
- Young Conservatives Dump Republican Politicians For Columnists, Talk Show Stars 
- Losing Conservatism Will Lose America 
- Conservative Radio Hosts Check Out Bush 
- Conservative Students Encouraged to 'Clean Out Washington' 
- NY Daily News Misleads About Bush Linking Iraq and 9/11 
- New York Times Deceives on Democratic Vote Dodge 
- Washington Post Wrongly Claimed US Is Still Biggest Greenhouse gas Emitter 
- Hacker Proves How MSM is Fooled by al Qaeda Photochopped Images 
Recent cases of Liberal hypocrisy:
- John Edwards, demanded Democratic candidates return any campaign donations from Rupert Murdoch and News Corp., even though he earned at least $800,000 for a book published by one of the media mogul's companies. NY Post 
- TV Anchors Make Millions, But Still Attack the Rich. NewsBusters cites these anchors: Brian Williams, Katie Couric, Harry Smith and Diane Sawyer. 
- Newsweek's Wolffe: Obama a 'Centrist'. "While the MSM regularly labels Republicans as "conservative," "hard-right," etc., there is virtually no Dem the MSM can't declare "centrist" or "moderate," from Al Gore, to John Kerry, and now to Obama." NewsBusters 
- In the MSM, "there are only two categories of news: bad and just wait, it's gonna get bad. NewsBusters 
Did Rupert Murdoch take conservatives for ride??? Fox News seems less conservative now, and its ratings have been dropping. Neoconservatives rather than conservatives seem to be running it. Murdoch's New York Post endorsed Hillary Clinton in 2006. Will he do so again in 2008?
- Confession of a Recovering Democrat 
- The Liberal Edge? 
- The Democrats Revive Liberalism 
- Liberals Use Fraud on Floor of US House! 
- Congress' Dem Corruption Ignored 
- A Few Questions for Liberals 
- Laptop Liberals Plan Takeover at YearlyKos 
- Liberal Bloggers Boo Hillary Clinton at Daily Kos Convention 
- Democratic Senate approves Domestic Spying. 
- Only 3% approve of Democratic Congress handling of Iraq. Zogby Poll
- Senate Democrats Eliminate Key Provision in “Ethics Reform” Legislation The Hill
Current enrollment in American Government 101 fall free course:
29 students and growing. Begins September.
The most-often reversed court, the Ninth Circuit, won't be reversed this time: In Hurd v. Hansen, it rejected an appeal by a seventh-grade parent unhappy about a grade of "C" in Phys-Ed. The parent alleged that schoolteacher Julie Hansen had violated Brandy Hurd's substantive due process and equal protection rights by giving her a racially biased grade.
More school news:
- A public school violated a student's free speech rights by disciplining him for creating a parody of his high school principal on the internet. Layshock v. Hermitage School Dist. (W.D.Pa.)
- A high school student's ten-day suspension for writing about a "dream" she had of shooting one of her teachers did not violate her free speech rights under the First Amendment. Boim v. Fulton County School Dist. (C.A.11 (Ga.)).
- Four college-bound students were shot execution-style at an elementary school wall, three die.
Prayers welcome for the above. Before Engel v. Vitale, schools, like churches, inspired respect.
Our prayers go out to those families who have lost loved ones in the recent tragedy in Minneapolis.
Conservapedia delivered in its spring World History and Economics courses for students here:
Students and editors can begin signing up for these free Conservapedia courses for September:
- American Government 101 - 27 students, 2 teachers
- The Supreme Court
- Critical Thinking in Math - 2 students
Conservapedia courses are much clearer & easier without liberal bias.
Conservapedia surpasses 16,000,000 page views!
Thank you for making this the top family-friendly general encyclopedia on the internet!
Wikia, by the way, is a "for-profit company" attempting to make a fortune for its owners in part by overruling the Wikipedia volunteers. How long before the Wikipedia volunteers wise up and revolt?
GOP 'Obstruction' Highlighted in 'Harry Potter' Video. In a YouTube video promoted by the liberal organization Campaign for America's Future (CAF), "White House advisor Karl Rove is "Lord Rovemort," scheming to undermine the efforts of Senate Majority Leader Harry Potter - er, Reid - to highlight Republican 'obstruction' in Congress". CNSNews story YouTube Video
When the Democrats practiced obstruction in President Bush's first term in office, the liberals at MoveOn.org defended their position: "labelling filibusters as anti-democratic ignores the fact that on some occasions, a minority of senators may actually speak for the majority of the populace, making filibusters a stop-gap against policy-making that does not represent these interests". The Liberals message is a double standard: In 2003 when Republicans are in power, It's ok for the Democratic minority to obstruct, but in 2007 when the Democrats are in power, how dare the Republican minority object. 
Rush-Dumping Proves Disastrous For Baltimore Talker. Baltimore's radio station, WBAL- AM foolishly purged Rush Limbaugh from its schedule just over a year ago. WBAL basically handed the talk titan to their competitor. The longtime market leader immediately began a ratings slide that shows no signs of easing up. The Radio Equalizer 
HuffPost Blogger: Left Cowardly For Shunning Fox News. P.J. Gladnick at NewsBusters says "The only problem I have with that title is that it isn't just the 'Left Fringe' that is afraid of appearing on Fox. It is also the mainstream Democrats, including such pandering presidential candidates as John Edwards and Barack Obama". 
- "Lest we forget, this whole mess originated with Franklin Roosevelt's Brain Trust and state-planners' creation of the Agricultural Adjustment Administration as one of the main pillars of the New Deal and conversion of our nation to socialism" 
The case Michael Moore didn't show from Canada: Lindsay McCreith was told by his Canadian universal health care system that he had to wait 4 months for a simple MRI to determine if his brain tumor was benign or malignant. He traveled to Buffalo instead, had the MRI done quickly, found the malignancy, and had an operation to save his life. He'd be dead now if he stayed within his Canadian health care system. Now he's suing to end this injustice in the government-controlled system that Michael Moore praised. See here.
Internet filtering company "NetNanny" censors conservative news site WorldNetDaily. 
Recent cases of Liberal hypocrisy:
- Data Mining: Bad When It Fights Terror, Good When It Boosts New York Times Bottom Line. NewsBusters 
- State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP): A Step Towards Socialism.
Conservative senators Jim DeMint and Tom Coburn have a better alternative - a universal health care tax credit. Heritage Foundation 
- More People See Hillary Clinton in the News Than Any GOP Presidential Candidate NewsBusters 
- The MSM ignores a 3.4 percent rise in the Gross Domestic Product
- US newspaper Los Angeles Times Misstates President Bush Speech, Hides Critic's Democratic Affiliation 
- 'Arctic Tale' 'Documentary' Scripted; Tricks Kids Into Worrying About Global Warming. Environmentalists are targeting kids and using deception to get their message out.NewsBusters
- New York Times Offers Two Glowing Reviews of Kristin Gore’s Global Warming Film.NewsBusters
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Murder Machine: A Look at Tehran's Casualty List. "Ahmadinejad has taken desperate measures to reign in the escalating civil unrest throughout Iranian society by closing newspapers, enforcing strict dress codes and stepping up public hangings and stonings." Fox News 
Wikipedia Search Engine to Let Users Influence Web Results Rankings. Jimmy Wales said ""When I opened Wikipedia with only three articles in it, it was a pretty bad encyclopedia". Wikipedia is the National Enquirer of the Internet and has at least 65 examples of liberal bias. 
The Democrats' unconstitutional usurpation of power continues: Chuck Schumer announces a change in the US Constitution: the Senate should not confirm another U.S. Supreme Court nominee under President Bush “except in extraordinary circumstances.” Power Line
Liberal Activists Step Up Campaign Against Fox News by pressuring advertisers not to patronize the network. These activists include: MoveOn.org, the Sierra Club, the Campaign for America's Future and liberal blogs like The Huffington Post and DailyKos.com. Liberals support free speech of the MSM but not Fox News.
Add to our listings of the greatest conservative songs and [[Essay:Greatest Conservative Movies|movies]]. Debate them on our talk pages.