Selective outrage is when the media or a group of people becomes completely hysterical over what one person or group of people says or does (usually Conservatives), but ignores and/or censors when others (Non-Conservatives) say or do similar or worse things.
- When George W. Bush was in office, DC was crowded with anti-war protesters from the left. When Barack Hussein Obama took over, they suddenly disappeared, unlike the wars they were protesting.
Gay and Transgender Issues
- When asked, Carrie Prejean, first runner-up for Miss California 2009, said she believed marriage was between a man and a woman; liberals viciously and profanely slandered her. At the same time, when asked, Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton also said they believed marriage was only between a man and a woman, and Democrats still loved them unconditionally.
- After the passage of Proposition 8, the constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage in California, protesters only vandalized the mostly-white churches that supported it, most notably The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, also known as the Mormons, even though the majority of African-American and Hispanic voters in California voted for it as well.
- Numerous liberal musicians and companies are boycotting the state of North Carolina over HB2, the law that requires one to use the restroom based off the sex on their birth certificate, and states that enact religious freedom laws, but still perform or do business in foreign countries like Russia or Dubai where LGBT people are jailed and even killed.
- Liberals are constantly whining and trying to smear Christians as intolerant bigots when radical Muslims are the ones who behead, shoot, bomb, burn, and toss gay people off of buildings, and they either completely turn a blind eye or go straight to blaming the "Christian Right" and responsible, nonviolent gun owners.
- Liberals scream bloody murder over the deaths of Cecil the Lion or Harambe the Gorilla, but applaud Planned Parenthood brutally murdering unborn babies and selling their organs.
- Bernie Sanders supporters are always complaining about how evil Capitalism is and how fair and equal Socialism is, but are blind to see how Socialism is a "too good to be true" system that has drawbacks way worse that its potential benefits, and has failed miserably every time it has been attempted in history, most notably in Venezuela today.
- Despite the European Union taking a tough stance against countries such as Poland and Hungary for refusing to accept Muslim refugees, and against the United Kingdom for voting to leave the organization, Germany was found in 2018 to have broken the most EU rules.
- Violence against Trump protesters is considered one of the worst things in the world, but when protesters commit acts of violence against Trump supporters, they either blame Donald Trump himself, say that they (his supporters) "deserve it", or deny that such violence is happening altogether.
- Although the Left has been colluding with Russia since at least the 1930s (including during the Trump Administration), they go hysterical over unfounded claims that conservative Donald Trump somehow colluded with Russia.
Freedom of speech and religion
- Liberals harshly criticized Poland, a conservative-leaning country, for passing a law restricting free speech that accuses Poland of being complicit in the Holocaust, yet they had no problem with the many existing laws stringently restricting free speech in Western Europe, as well as restrictions and even outright bans on homeschooling in many Western European countries.
Freedom of the press
- Liberals, particularly the media, obsessed about President Trump's perceived attacks on press freedoms (though they were only verbal attacks). However, they ignored actual abuses of press freedom committed by the Obama Administration.
- Deacon, Liam (February 8, 2018). Germany Revealed as Biggest EU Rule Breaker as Bloc Moves to Punish Right Wing Hungary and Brexit Britain. Breitbart News. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- Byas, Steve (February 13, 2018). The Left's Collusion With the Russians Is Nothing New. The New American. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
- Multiple references:
- Freedland, Jonathan (February 2, 2018). Poland can’t lay its Holocaust ghosts to rest by censoring free speech. The Guardian. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- Donadio, Rachel (February 8, 2018). The Dark Consequences of Poland's New Holocaust Law. The Atlantic. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- Pomianowski, Joseph (February 7, 2018). Poland’s Holocaust Bill Is a Shameful and Futile Attempt to Bury Its WWII Ghosts. Haaretz. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- Polish president to sign controversial Holocaust bill. USA Today. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- Multiple references:
- Gonzalez, Mike (February 8, 2018). Europe’s War on Free Speech. The Daily Signal. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- Feldman, Noah (March 19, 2017). Free Speech in Europe Isn't What Americans Think. Bloomberg. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- Stuttaford, Andrew (May 21, 2017). Against Free Speech: Merkel, May (and Macron). National Review. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- Martino, Peter (September 10, 2013). Europe: Treating Homeschoolers Like Terrorists. Gatestone Institute. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- Multiple references:
- Concha, Joe (May 2, 2017). The press survived Obama's persecution, and it will survive Trump's mean words. The Hill. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- Pollak, Joel B. (February 17, 2018). 11 Times Barack Obama Abused Press Freedom. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- Moore, Martha T.; Madhani, Aamer (May 27, 2013). Is Obama at war with journalists? USA Today. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- Parke, Caleb (January 12, 2017). Did Mainstream Media Forget How Obama Treated Fox News? Townhall. Retrieved January 18, 2018.