|U.S. Senator from Iowa|
From: January 3, 2015-present
Ernst received 52% of the vote in November 2014, while her Democratic opponent received only 44%. In her victory, she swept 85 of Iowa's 99 counties.
She joined the Iowa U. S. Congressional delegation consisting of two Republican U. S. senators and four House members, three of whom are Republicans and one a Democrat.
She served as auditor of Montgomery County, Iowa from 2005 to 2011.
Ernst was elected to the 84th and 85th general assembly of the Iowa legislature (Jan. 2011-Jan. 2015), her second term as a state senator from district 12, representing six counties in the southwest corner of Iowa.
She campaigned in the Republican U.S. Senate primary with the claim "I'll know how to cut pork".
- "Senator Joni K. Ernst" (2015). The Iowa Legislature website. Retrieved on January 16, 2014.
- Pate, Paul D. [Iowa Secretary of State] (December 29, 2014). "November 4, 2014 general election". Iowa Secretary of State website. Retrieved on January 15, 2015.
- "Iowa" (2015). Govtrack.us. Retrieved on January 15, 2015.
- Twitchy staff (January 15, 2015). 'Jackass': Luke Russert writes off combat vet Joni Ernst as 'unknown pig farmer'. Twitchy. Retrieved on January 16, 2015.
- Strong, Jonathan (March 24, 2014). "Senate candidate: I'll use my hog castrating experience to help end pork barrel spending". Breitbart. Retrieved on January 16, 2014