New world order
New world order, frequently abbreviated to NWO, is a phrase originally coined after the Great War (World War I) to describe Woodrow Wilson's strategy during the formation of the League of Nations (later replaced with the United Nations since 1945). It was meant to imply that the international political climate that existed before the war had to be changed by adopting a compact of collective security and emphasizing the right to self-determination and democracy. However, when the United States rejected membership of the League, the term became discredited. Since then the term has been applied (sometimes retroactively) to pivotal changes in international affairs, such as the end of World War II or the end of the Cold War.
The phrase "new world order" is imbued with a sinister meaning of implementing a one-world government and ending national sovereignty under the disguise of "world peace." On September 11, 1991, exactly a decade prior to the 9/11 attacks, former president George H. W. Bush promoted the new world order and described it as being a world where a rule of law would determine the conduct of nations, which vaguely describes a one-world government. Insisting that the plan will be a success, Bush goes on to say that the new world order will allow the United Nations to fulfill its peacekeeping role that its founders had envisioned. This phrase has also been used by President Joe Biden, as on March 21, 2022, when he declared, "There’s going to be a new world order out there."
On September 9, 2021 the (unelected) chief health officer of New South Wales, the largest state in Australia, said: "We will be looking at what contact tracing looks like in the new world order. Yes, it will be pubs and clubs and other things if we have a positive case there. Our response may be different if we know that people are fully vaccinated. So, we're working through a number of those issues."
Polish prime minister Mateusz Morawiecki speaking at the Warsaw Permanent Working Review Conference for Ukrainian Support on February 5, 2023 said, "Poland is ready to take responsibility for shaping the New World Order."
- One-world government
- War on Sovereignty
- Liberal world order
- Wikipedia prejudice and KAL 007 Article under this name in Conservapedia taken from Wikipedia deletions to New World Order article
- Larry McDonald, Congressman from Georgia, staunch opponent of New World Order, calling it "conspiracy", aboard Korean Airlines Flight 007 when shot down by the Soviets near Moneron Island
- Georgia Guidestones
- Bush Sr. New World Order Speech (rare) on BitChute
- Does the Bible prophesy a one-world government and a one-world currency in the end times? GotQuestions. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- What is the New World Order? GotQuestions. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- The New World Order, by Samuel Zane Batten (1919)