|U.S. Representative from Arizona's 1st Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2017 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former State Senator from Arizona's 1st District|
From: January 8, 2007 – January 5, 2009
|Party||Republican (before 2014)|
Independent (2014 – 2015)
Democrat (2015 – present)
Thomas Charles “Tom” O'Halleran (born January 24, 1946, age 76) is an establishment Democrat politician currently representing Arizona's 1st congressional district in the United States House of Representatives, previously having served in the upper state legislature as a Republican from 2007 to 2009. He is a co-chair of the Blue Dog Coalition.
In June 2008, O'Halleran voted in favor of statewide legally recognizing marriage as only between one man and one woman.
U.S. House of Representatives
Despite a necessity due to the lack of clarification in the 2002 Born-Alive Infants Protection Act, O'Halleran joined the majority of House Democrats in voting against the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act in January 2018.
O'Halleran voted against cutting wasteful government spending.
Rep. O'Halleran co-sponsored the Climate Action Now Act.
O'Halleran voted in favor of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019.
- Religious affiliation of members of 116th Congress
- Tom O’Halleran fully supports Joe Biden amid sexual assault claim
- HB 2779 - Employment of Undocumented Immigrants - Arizona Key Vote
- HB 2769 - Increasing Partial-Birth/Late-Term Abortion Penalties - Arizona Key Vote
- SCR 1042 - Parameters of Marriage - Arizona Key Vote
- Arizona's 1st Congressional District election, 2016 - Ballotpedia
- Arizona Election Results: First House District
- Why We Need the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- HR 4712 - Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act - National Key Vote
- HR 3 - Spending Cuts to Expired and Unnecessary Programs Act - National Key Vote
- Rep. Tom O'Halleran, a moderate Arizona Democrat, says he will vote to impeach Trump
- HR 5 - Equality Act - National Key Vote
- HR 9 - Climate Action Now Act - National Key Vote
- H Res 489 - Condemning President Trump's Racist Comments Directed at Members of Congress - National Key Vote
- HR 3877 - Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019 - National Key Vote
- H J Res 79 - Removing the deadline for the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment - National Key Vote
- HR 3 - Lower Drug Costs Now Act of 2019 - National Key Vote
- H Res 755 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors - National Key Vote