|U.S. Representative from Utah's 4th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2019 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former Mayor of Salt Lake County|
From: January 7, 2013 – January 2, 2019
|Former State Senator from Utah's 2nd District|
From: December 19, 2009 – November 13, 2012
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints|
- See also: Abortion Betrayals
Benjamin Michael "Ben" McAdams (born December 5, 1974, age 47) is a liberal Democrat politician serving as the current U.S. representative from Utah's 4th district, having previously been the mayor of Salt Lake County, and a state senator before that.
U.S. House of Representatives
McAdams ran for United States House of Representatives in 2018 during a blue wave and defeated then-incumbent Never Trumper Republican Mia Love by less than 700 votes out of the nearly 270,000 casted (just over 0.25% of the vote).
Despite having campaigned as supposedly being pro-life, McAdams is a noted Abortion Betrayal who voted in 2011 as a state senator against allowing health care providers be granted the right to refuse performing abortions and in 2012 against a required 72-hour waiting period bill. In addition, he has received an "A+" rating from Planned Parenthood in 2019 and currently only a "D" from the Susan B. Anthony List.
McAdams voted against the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019.
Rep. McAdams voted along with his party line for H.R.3, a Democrat bill aimed at lowering drug prices under the false assumption that such can easily be accomplished if only greater regulations were put on pharmaceutical companies.
Rep. McAdams broke from his party line in February 2020 in voting against a Democrat-led bill to limit President Trump's executive powers after the latter had successfully led the killing of the terrorist leader Qasem Soleimani.
It was announced on March 23, 2020 that McAdams had been hospitalized over a coronavirus infection, experiencing a severe shortness in breathing. He later recovered by April 8, 2020, asserting that he took hydroxychloroquine during his recovery and that it might have made a difference.
- Utah Election Results: Fourth House District
- Utah pro-life congresswoman slams Democrat opponent for claiming he’s ‘pro-life’
- Utah Democrat insists he’s just as anti-abortion as his conservative opponent
- Planned Parenthood gives Ben McAdams an A+
- Ben McAdams - Susan B. Anthony List
- HR 9 - Climate Action Now Act - National Key Vote
- HR 5 - Equality Act - National Key Vote
- H Res 489 - Condemning President Trump's Racist Comments Directed at Members of Congress - National Key Vote
- HR 3877 - Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019 - National Key Vote
- HR 3 - Lower Drug Costs Now Act of 2019 - National Key Vote
- Democrat Ben McAdams Supports Impeachment: Trump’s ‘Actions Demand Accountability’
- H Res 755 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors - National Key Vote
- Ben McAdams supports Pelosi’s impeachment efforts
- HR 5430 - United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement Implementation Act - National Key Vote
- S J Res 68 - A joint resolution to direct the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities against the Islamic Republic of Iran that have not been authorized by Congress - National Key Vote
- Two references:
- Two references:
- Ben McAdams says he took hydroxychloroquine during recovery from coronavirus