Balloon terrorism, Kite terrorism is an arson terror. It refers to the flowering of incendiary balloons by Arab "Palestinians" onto Israeli residents.
The launching of explosive and incendiary devices such as balloons is just one part of a broader wave of terror that Hamas inflicts on Israeli communities.
The IDF explains:
Balloons might seem harmless, but these attacks cause critical damage, and are potentially lethal:
The ecological and economic impact that these fires cause can be irreparable. Terrorist organizations in the Gaza Strip have carried out some of the largest acts of environmental terrorism in the world. During August 2020, fires sparked by balloons destroyed thousands of acres of natural forests and farmland in southern Israel, killing massive amounts of wildlife. Local farmers' crops, farming equipment, and livelihoods were damaged.In addition to the physical damage, these attacks cause long-lasting psychological damage to the people who live in these communities, especially children. Terror organizations often deliberately create explosive balloons that will target children. For example, on August 17, 2020, an incendiary device attached to a terror balloon started a fire near an Israeli kindergarten in Sderot. Thanks to the speed and coordination of nearby firefighters, no one was hurt. However the impact, both physical and psychological, was drastic.
Berween May 6-9, 2021, (days before launching the rockets firing on Israel, triggering the Guardian of Walls operation) Hamas sent out a barrage of balloons causing some 39 fires.
In June, 2021, a wave of incendiary balloons were fired from Gaza controlled by Hamas towards Israel.
More alarming is as it's strapped to explosives.
After Guardian of Walls, Hamas, jihad, emboldened by PR, promoted by media photos of causing civilian deaths and successfully blaming it on Israel defenders. 
Hamas' PR went through the roof among the Arabs, posing as some "heroes" and its popularity among "moderate" Arab Palestinians sky rocketed, factions warned PA against resuming peace talks with Israel.
Hamas kept on its threats.
In response. Israel fired against terror targets in Gaza.
It resumed in July, 2021, After a 3 weeks hiatus.
It intensified on Aug 23, 2021.
Report from Aug 23, 2021:
The Israeli response to the terror of incendiary balloons:
During the day, 9 fires broke out in the south following the blowing of balloons in a ravine. A resident of Kerem Shalom said in response to the fires: "We replaced a government that did not respond properly and we got a government that does not respond at all."
During the night, the IDF began attacking Hamas targets in the Khan Yunis area:
"Fighter jets attacked a Hamas terrorist weapons production site in Khan Yunis, a terrorist tunnel shaft in Jabalya and an underground rocket launching station located in the heart of a civilian population in Shuja'iyya, near a school.At the time of the attack, it was reported that machine gun fire was being fired at Israeli territory, for which the IDF also attacked a Hamas terrorist tunnel shaft in Khan Yunis.
The biased media, Associated Press came under fire for terming these terrorists as "activists." 
Then there were also molotov cocktail attacks by Arab-Palestinians onto Israel. 
It is not new. In 2018 massive fires broke out as a result of wide campaign by Hamas since March 30 of that year. By July 10 of that year, incendiary kites and balloons started 678 fires in Israel, burning 910 hectares (2,260 acres) of woodland, 610 hectares (1,500 acres) of agricultural crops, as well as open field.
On April 20, 2018, as incendiary kites Balloon terrorism are, these days, launched onto Israeli civilians by Hamas terrorists near the security fence separating Gaza and Israel, on this day (Hitler's birthday), Arab-Palestinians flew a swastika kite with petrol bomb across Gaza border into Israel.
May 4, 2018.
Hamas draws a swastika on a kite fitted with an incendiary bomb intended to burn Israel's fields near the Gaza border. As an NPR guy tried to twist the event and put Israel in the bad light, the Arab Palestinian rather answered honestly: "This is what we mean, we want them to be burned."
See related: Nazism at Arab Palestinians
In 2019 the IDF, following the fires, was forced to impose a sea closure on Gaza.
In 2020, the Arab-Palestinians from Gaza, have used it extensively during the month of August.
- ↑ Hamas' Wave of Environmental Terrorism, IDF, Sep 8, 2020.
- ↑ Balloon Terrorism Returns: Six fires broke out in the Gaza Strip Walla, May 6, 2021. Firefighters took control of the fires that broke out at several points in the Eshkol Regional Council area. Troops in the area were preparing for the return of targeted arson attacks from the Gaza Strip.
- ↑ Balloon Terrorism: 39 fires broke out this morning in the enveloping localities News 13, May 9, 2021. Balloon Terrorism: At least 39 fires have erupted since Sunday morning in the Gaza Envelope as a result of incendiary balloons launched into the area.
- ↑ June 16, 2021 reports: Are they preparing for a military attack in the Gaza Strip tonight? In the last few hours, the defense establishment has been considering a military response to the continued flowering of terrorist balloons in the western Negev and the fires in the Gaza Strip. ; Balloon Terrorism From Today View documentation ; Balloon Terrorism: Molotov cocktails began to bloom towards the envelope.
- ↑ Balloon Terrorism: Number of Envelope Fires; A suspicious balloon was found in a settlement in the NegevRoi Shosha, Ch 20, 6th of Tammuz 5781 (16/06/2021). Balloon law, like a rocket law? A fire from an incendiary balloon has now erupted in the avocado orchard of Kibbutz Sa'ad. From this morning - 5 fires.
- ↑ Why balloons strapped to explosives are the latest flashpoint in Israel-Hamas tensions CNN, June 16, 2021
- ↑ The Total Collapse of Jewish and Israeli PR, R. Shmuley Boteach, JJ, May 20, 2021
- ↑ How Congress can fight Hamas's use of human shields FDD, June 11, 2021
- ↑ Israel will have to leverage the achievements of the operation for prolonged peace in the south Yoav Limor, Israel Hayom, May 19, 2021. Although the "Wall Guard" operation has not yet ended, it is already clear that the military side is clearly in favor of Israel. His military victory for civilian victory will largely determine the future reality in the South... Some surround themselves with innocent civilians, especially children, hoping to serve as a human shield for them. Although the IDF is careful not to harm as much as possible what is called "uninvolved" in the laundered language, one of the sources said yesterday that "anyone who thinks the other side will get immunity from us only because there are civilians around him is wrong."
- ↑ Palestinians warn PA against resuming peace talks with Israel K A Toameh, JPost, June 16, 2021
- ↑ Israel, Hamas exchange threats as balloon terrorism continues Israel Hayom, June 16, 2021
- ↑ IDF hits Gaza terror targets after arson attacks, in first raids TOI, June 16, 2021. After two dozen fires in southern Israel, army says it struck Hamas 'terror sites' in Khan Younis and Gaza City; initial Palestinian reports say.
- ↑ انجمن دوستی مردم ایران و اسرائیل (درون مرز) (@fcpii_official) Tweeted: These "oppressed" Palestinians in Gaza do not inflate these balloons to celebrate the birth of their children! These balloons carry incendiary materials to set fire to Jewish farms across the wall. https://t.co/Ij7m79BdWa July 17, 2021
- ↑ After more than 3 weeks: Molotov cocktails caused several fires in the Gaza Strip, Noam Amir, MakorRishon, 16th of Av 5781. (25/07/2021). In previous times, the IDF has attacked twice in response to terrorist balloons. The message conveyed to Hamas is that any such act of terrorism brings the next escalation closer. Molotov cocktails launched: Three fires broke out today (Sunday) in the southern part of the Gaza Strip after more than three weeks of hiatus.
- ↑ Emanuel (Mannie) Fabian (@manniefabian) Tweeted: More incendiary balloons launched from Gaza toward southern Israel, according to Palestinian reports. At least 9 fires have sparked as a result today so far. https://t.co/waW6JKIIoL Aug 23, 2021
- ↑ "Tension in the South..." Hamal, Aug 24, 2021 Tensions in the south: The incendiary balloon unit in Gaza recently published pictures of balloons inflating from the Gaza Strip a short time ago.
- ↑ The Israeli response to the terror of incendiary balloons, Hamal, Aug 23, 2021.
- ↑ Associated Press: Palestinian 'activists' launched incendiary balloon attack from Gaza on Israel, Brandon Gillespie, Fox News, Aug 24, 2021.
'Any reasonable person would conclude these are terrorists,' said Fox News contributor Jason Chaffetz.
The Associated Press (AP) was the target of sharp criticism Tuesday over its article that referred to individuals who launched an incendiary balloon attack on Israel from Gaza as "activists."The article highlighted the closure of the Egyptian border with Gaza amid increasing tensions with the terrorist group Hamas...
- ↑ Firefighters from the Judea Regional Station are currently working to put out a fire in the southern part of Kibbutz Migdal Oz, which borders the village of Beit Fajr as a result of throwing Molotov cocktails. Hamal, Aug 24, 2021. The firefighters are working to stop the fire before it spreads towards the kibbutz, with the help of the kibbutz's Rabshakeh. This coincides with extinguishing the fire near Givot.
- ↑ 100 days of incendiary kites, balloons landing in south Israel, Natan Tzuri, Ynet, July 5, 2018.
- ↑ News of Terrorism and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (July 17-11, 2018) The Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center. Hamas continues to organize and allow a high level of violence against the IDF and protects the launchers of balloons and kites, the perpetrators of "arson terror," by firing rockets and mortar shells.
- ↑ Inconceivable: The data behind the balloon terror is revealed Guy Ezra, Srugim News, Oct 9, 2018. Half a year since the beginning of kite terror and incendiary balloons, today the heavy environmental price has been exposed. When KKL-JNF data show that 11,920 dunams of forest and natural forest have gone up in flames in recent months.
- ↑ Kite, balloon terrorism continues scorching Israel's land, Matan Tzuri, Ynet, July 10, 2018.
- ↑ TOI Staff and Judah Ari Gross, Palestinians fly swastika kite with petrol bomb across Gaza border into Israel, TOI, Apr 20, 2018.
Hamas terrorists are showing their true colors, Israeli army says; April 20 was Hitler’s birthday
A kite marked with a swastika, flown across the Gaza border into Israel carrying a petrol bomb on April 20, 2018
- ↑ Ofir Gendelman (@ofirgendelman) Tweeted Apr 20, 2018
This is a picture of one of the kites launched today by Hamas terrorists near the security fence separating Gaza and Israel. She bears a Nazi swastika.The message is clear: Hamas intends to exterminate the entire Jewish people, as the Nazis tried to do. The Nazis failed and were defeated, and Hamas will fail and be defeated. #march_chaos
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Ofir Gendelman @ofirgendelman Tweeted
May 4, 2018:
Neo-Nazis: Hamas draws a swastika on a kite fitted with an incendiary bomb intended to burn our fields near the Gaza border.This picture shows the world the true face of Hamas and the terrorists participating in the #ChaosMarch and the #Friday of the ignorant of Palestine.
النازيون الجدد: حماس ترسم الصليب المعقوف على طائرة ورقية مزودة بقنبلة حارقة تهدف إلى حرق حقولنا قرب الحدود مع غزة.
هذه الصورة تظهر للعالم الوجه الحقيقي لحماس وللإرهابيين المشاركين في #مسيرة_الفوضى وفي #جمعة_جهال_فلسطين. 
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Political Bread (@HechtBread) Tweeted May 15, 2018):
An excellent example of the false narrative rooted in the global media:
NPR presenter Steve Inskeep tried to accuse Israel and asked a Palestinian with a kite with a swastika on it, if the Israelis use swastikas to embarrass the Palestinians?The Palestinian answers: "This is what we mean, we want them to be burned."
- It's A Day Of Grieving And More Protests In Gaza, NPR, May 15, 2018.
INSKEEP: The Israelis know that people are flying kites with swastikas. They know this, and they use it to discredit you, to say this shows you're bad people. What do you think about that?
AL-BORDANI: (Foreign language spoken).INSKEEP: "This is actually what we want them to know," he says, "that we want to burn them." That is one of many views we've heard in the last few days in Gaza...
- ↑ Following the fires: a sea closure on Gaza Tensions in the south: The IDF will impose a full naval blockade on the Gaza Strip - until further notice. Nir Dvori, military correspondent, N12, June 12, 2019. Tensions in the south: The IDF will impose a full naval blockade on the Gaza Strip - until further notice. According to the announcement of the Coordinator of Government Operations in the Occupied Territories, the decision was made following the increase in fires in the envelope. During the day at least 8 fires broke out as a result of incendiary balloons.
- ↑ Second day in a row: Envelope fire due to incendiary balloons Matan Tzuri, Ynet, Aug 7, 2020. After a two-month hiatus, balloon terrorism returned: The IDF attacked Gaza last night following the blowing of at least 20 balloons from the Gaza Strip yesterday, but even today a large fire broke out in the Nir Am area of the Negev Gate. Fire control was achieved.
- ↑ Balloon Terrorism: Many hotspots in the Gaza Strip, Gilad Shlamor, N12, Aug 10, 2020. Terrorist organizations have launched a number of incendiary balloons into Israeli territory since this morning, causing several fires • Explosions were heard in Sderot following an explosive balloon, one of the residents told N12: An explosive balloon law, like a rocket law "
- ↑ Balloon Terrorism Continues: 23 fires broke out in the Gaza Strip, Srugim News, Aug 28, 2020. A series of fires were ignited by incendiary balloons in the Sdot Negev council settlements. At the same time, the Qatari envoy to Amadi, who is leading the ceasefire talks, has left the Gaza Strip and will meet with Israeli representatives in Israel.