Gain of function
Gain of function (GoF) research is when scientists in a laboratory purposefully cause mutations that give viruses new abilities, such as transmissibility from animals to humans.
Gain of function research is part of scientism, causing more overall harm than good as demonstrated by the coronavirus pandemic.
The National Institute of Health (NIH) overseen by Dr. Anthony Fauci, redefined gain of function two days before admitting Anthony Fauci funded gain of function research on bats carrying the coronavirus at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV).
The SARS-CoV-2 virus did not occur in nature. Its genome was "inconsistent with evolutionary theory." On January 9, 2017, the Obama White House Office of Science and Technology Policy restored funding for gain-of-function research to the Wuhan Institute of Virology for research on the bat coronavirus to make the virus transmissible to humans. The funds were administered by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the chief medical advisor to the president. Fauci extended the funds, but did not gain approval from a mandatory Department of Health and Human Services review board as required first.
- ↑ https://noqreport.com/2021/10/22/nih-scrubbed-redefined-gain-of-function-research-on-website-two-days-before-releasing-letter-admitting-they-funded-it/
- ↑ https://www.heraldopenaccess.us/openaccess/coronavirus-is-a-biological-warfare-weapon
- ↑ https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bies.202100015
- ↑ https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2017/01/09/recommended-policy-guidance-potential-pandemic-pathogen-care-and-oversight
- ↑ https://www.phe.gov/s3/dualuse/documents/p3co-finalguidancestatement.pdf
- ↑ https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/stacey-lennox/2021/05/13/dr-fauci-saying-the-nih-never-funded-gain-of-function-research-at-the-wuhan-lab-is-evasive-at-best-n1446170
- ↑ https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/director
- ↑ https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/17/infamous-wuhan-lab-authorized-to-receive-us-taxpayer-funding-nih-confirms/
- ↑ https://www.nationalreview.com/news/hhs-board-never-approved-wuhan-institute-of-virology-research-grant/
- An interview with Dr. Yan Limeng on the Gain of Function funded by the US
- an unpersuasive defense of gain-of-function research