Ron DeSantis is the current conservative Governor of Florida, serving since January 2018. He previously served as a member of the United States House of Representatives from January 2013 to September 2018. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Ron DeSantis was born in Jacksonville, Florida.
DeSantis moved quickly to implement conservative policies as Florida's governor. By the end of DeSantis's first month in office, he had already appointed three justices to the Florida Supreme Court, dramatically shifting it from a liberal to a conservative court. On January 31, 2019, DeSantis signed an executive order to end Common Core.
- Campo-Flores, Arian (January 10, 2019). New Florida Governor Moves Quickly With Supreme Court Pick, Environmental Plan. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- Varney, James (January 22, 2019). DeSantis completes makeover of Florida Supreme Court. The Washington Times. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- Multiple references:
- Berry, Susan (January 31, 2019). Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Issues Executive Order to Eliminate Common Core. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 31, 2019.
- Patrick, Craig (January 31, 2019). Florida Gov. DeSantis signs executive order scrapping Common Core. Fox News. Retrieved January 31, 2019.
- Hillyer, Quin (February 1, 2019). Florida Gov. DeSantis puts Common Core out of our misery. Washington Examiner. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- Profile at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress