for the latest updates see Muellergate timeline 2019
and link back as the story unfolds.
The Muellergate scandal refers to efforts to cover-up Obama-era FBI/DOJ crimes and frame Donald Trump and campaign associates for crimes they did not do.
Since President Trump's inauguration, 26 people were fired or otherwise removed from the Department of Justice and FBI in the Obamagate scandal.
FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and FBI chief legal counsel James Baker (DOJ) selected most of the special counsel investigators; those two then recommended to Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein that he hire Robert Mueller as special counsel lead.
James Comey was fired. The remaining ‘at-risk’ corrupt FBI leadership (McCabe and Baker), positioning to defend their own interests, selected the “small group”; then Mueller was selected and brought on his additional team members. The entire purpose of the special counsel operation was to cover-up the DOJ/FBI activity during the 2016 presidential election, Trump transition, and early Trump administration.
While DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz completed his review of the FBI mishandling of the Clinton email investigation, Horowitz was prevented from looking at any of the prime suspects in the FISA abuse scandal. As was U.S. Attorney John Huber from prosecuting anyone involved. Mueller's ongoing investigation gave cover to corrupt Obama era officials, citing Mueller's "ongoing investigation." They successfully impeded investigations throughout the 2017-2019 Congressional session.
- 1 2009-2014 vanguardism
- 2 2015 progressive police state
- 3 2016 election year
- 4 2017 soft coup
- 5 2018 reckoning
- 6 2019 The Empire Strikes Back
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
In the Spring of 2017 Chief FISA Court Judge Rosemary Collyer found that the Obama administration had been abusing the NSA FISA 702 database since President Obama's re-election in 2012.
The FISA 702 database consists of US Persons - American citizens residing inside or outside the United States, as well as non-citizens visiting or residing in the United States who are afforded Fourth Amendment protection from unlawful searches. FISA 702 database queries are strictly regulated. US Persons can sometimes be caught up in surveillance activities of foreign agents, terrorists, and criminal gangs while not being the target. Their names are to be masked in reports circulated within the government. The Obama administration targeted thousands of US persons - American citizens mostly - without probable cause for a period of more than four years. Judge Collyer found that these victims unmasked names and personal information (phone contacts, email, texts, banking and any other electronic information) was funneled to outside contractors - internet firms and opposition researchers, likely Crowdstrike, FusionGPS and others. The victims of Obama civil rights abuses were targeted as part of a program of opposition political research. Robert Mueller was the FBI director at the time the massive violation of American citizen's Constitutional rights began.
Obama implemented the very system of an oppressive police state that Obama later argued made Vladimir Putin so evil.
- Main article: IRS scandal
The IRS sent the FBI “21 disks constituting a 1.1 million page database of information from 501(c)(4) tax exempt organizations, to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.” The transaction occurred in October 2010.
In 2012 Eric Holder authorized the use of government databases to search records of Americans and assemble “files” on potential targets. “The agency has new authority to keep data about innocent U.S. citizens for up to five years, and to analyze it for suspicious patterns of behavior.”
In the period of 2012 through April 2016, According to FISA Judge Rosemary Collyer, there were tens of thousands of illegal (“non-compliant”) search queries of the NSA database targeting Americans. The search results were unlawfully “extracted” to unknown entities. Eighty-five out of every hundred searches were illegal (85% non-compliant rate).
Consider purposeful actions, as a political targeting operation, by weaponizing the systems of government. Steps:
- First, identify the targets (IRS Database).
- Second, research the targets (NSA Database).
- Third assemble files on the targets (DOJ Authorization).
- Fourth use the files to leverage/destroy your opposition.
- Main article: Uranium One scandal
The Clinton family took $500,000 in personal bribes to transfer 20% of US uranium reserves to Russia. Hillary Clinton and Robert Mueller had to approve the deal. Mueller, Rod Rosenstein, and Andrew Weissmann were involved in the cover-up.
- Main article: Arab Spring
By 2016, Gen. Michael Flynn’s knowledge as DIA director of the factual backstory to the Benghazi massacre, the arming of ISIS, and how the Obama/Clinton team misled everyone was the risk to the Deep state that Flynn represented.
Obama war crimes
- See also: Obama war crimes
Illegal interventions in Libya, Syria, and the Ukrainian coup.
- 31 March 2012. Reuters reports "President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing covert U.S. government support for rebel forces seeking to oust Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi...Obama signed the order, known as a presidential "finding", within the last two or three weeks" Responsibility to carry out the aid is given to the State Dept. (Clinton) and CIA (Brennan); Pentagon (DIA and Gen. Michael Flynn are out of the loop).
- Another Reuters article notes Obama had CIA personal on the ground before signing the finding, and Adm. Mike Mullen figured there were only about 1,000 rebels in number.
Flynn memo on Islamic State
- 1 August 2012. Reuters reports Obama issued a secret Presidential Finding earlier in the year authorising transfer of captured weapons from Libya to Syria.
under provisions of the presidential finding, the United States was collaborating with a secret command center operated by Turkey and its allies.
Last week, Reuters reported that, along with Saudi Arabia and Qatar, Turkey had established a secret base near the Syrian border to help direct vital military and communications support to Assad’s opponents.
This “nerve center” is in Adana, a city in southern Turkey about 60 miles (100 km) from the Syrian border, which is also home to Incirlik, a U.S. air base where U.S. military and intelligence agencies maintain a substantial presence.
Turkey’s moderate Islamist government has been demanding Assad’s departure with growing vehemence. Turkish authorities are said by current and former U.S. government officials to be increasingly involved in providing Syrian rebels with training and possibly equipment.European government sources said wealthy families in Saudi Arabia and Qatar were providing significant financing to the rebels. Senior officials of the Saudi and Qatari governments have publicly called for Assad’s departure.
- Amb. Christopher Stevens put in charge of the covert operation. The aim is to arm jihadist groups which transformed themselves into the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria to overthrow Bashar al Assad.
- 12 August 2012. Defense Intelligence Agency document circulated widely among government agencies, including CENTCOM, the CIA, FBI, DHS, NGA (National Geospacial Agency), State Dept., and many others. The document states the West (NATO powers), members of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates), and Turkey want an Islamic State ("Salafist principality in Eastern Syria") to oppose the regime of Bashar al-Assad.
AQI [al Qaeda in Iraq] SUPPORTED THE SYRIAN OPPOSITION FROM THE BEGINNING, BOTH IDEOLOGICALLY AND THROUGH THE MEDIA…
... AFTER THE RISE OF THE INSURGENCY IN SYRIA, THE RELIGIOUS AND TRIBAL POWERS IN THE REGIONS BEGAN TO SYMPATHIZE WITH THE SECTARIAN UPRISING. THIS (SYMPATHY) APPEARED IN FRIDAY PRAYER SERMONS, WHICH CALLED FOR VOLUNTEERS TO SUPPORT THE SUNNIS IN SYRIA...
THE FUTURE ASSUMPTIONS OF THE CRISIS:
...DEVELOPMENT OF THE CURRENT EVENTS INTO PROXY WAR: …OPPOSITION FORCES ARE TRYING TO CONTROL THE EASTERN AREAS (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), ADJACENT TO THE WESTERN IRAQI PROVINCES (MOSUL AND ANBAR), IN ADDITION TO NEIGHBORING TURKISH BORDERS. ...
WESTERN COUNTRIES, THE GULF STATES AND TURKEY ARE SUPPORTING THESE EFFORTS. ...SIMILAR TO WHAT TRANSPIRED IN LIBYA WHEN BENGHAZI WAS CHOSEN AS THE COMMAND CENTER OF THE TEMPORARY GOVERNMENT...
...THE WEST, GULF COUNTRIES, AND TURKEY SUPPORT THE [SYRIAN] OPPOSITION… THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF ESTABLISHING A DECLARED OR UNDECLARED SALAFIST PRINCIPALITY IN EASTERN SYRIA (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE SUPPORTING POWERS TO THE OPPOSITION WANT, IN ORDER TO ISOLATE THE SYRIAN REGIME……ISI COULD ALSO DECLARE AN ISLAMIC STATE THROUGH ITS UNION WITH OTHER TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS IN IRAQ AND SYRIA...
- Gen. Michael T. Flynn had been Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency for about three weeks. Flynn opposed the creation of the Islamic State. After it was declared in June 2014, Flynn was fired.
- 30 April 2014. James Clapper fires Defense Intelligence Agency Chief Mike Flynn for warning of radical Islamic jihadists.
- 9 June 2014. Islamic State captures Mosul; Obama calls ISIS "the Junior Varsity team."
2015 progressive police state
The origins of intelligence lures, FBI provocateurs or Spygate. Sally Yates terminates independent Inspector General oversight of the DOJ-National Security Division. Nellie Ohr hired as an FBI contractor to begin illegal FISA 702 surveillance on Michael Cohen and others. Papadopoulos set up.
Comey gives immunity to Clinton cronies who destroyed evidence under Congressional subpoena.
Clinton email scandal
- Main article: Hillary Clinton email scandal
- 25 March 2015. According to the FBI, employees at Platte River Networks, which managed Clinton's server after it was removed from her basement, “held a conference call with President Clinton’s staff.” The FBI reports that a PRN staffer “sometime between March 25–31, 2015 deleted the Clinton archive mailbox from the PRN server” with BleachBit.
- 16 May 2016. Comey spends morning at White House; "extreme carelessness" replaces "gross negligence" by afternoon. FBI Dir. James Comey meets with President Obama in the White House; by afternoon Comey's revised draft memo is circulating among FBI leadership, Comey, Andrew McCabe, Bill Priestap, Peter Strzok, James Rybicki, Johnathan Moffa, James Baker, Trisha Anderson, David Bowdich and several other redacted names.
FBI scandal (Spygate)
- Main article: FBI scandal
December 2015 - April 2016
Sundance of the conservativetreehouse.com summarizes: The first phase leading into ‘Spygate’ is the period of time where opposition research of the Republican candidate field was taking place. It is in this period where Fusion-GPS hired CIA Open Source researcher Nellie Ohr, wife of DOJ-NSD official Bruce Ohr, to do research.
In the background of this time period the FBI and NSA database was being exploited by unknown FBI contractors; it is highly suspected that Nellie Ohr and/or Fusion-GPS was one of those contracted agencies with access to the massive electronic and metadata files.
Nellie Ohr performed illegal FISA 702 searches on Donald Trump, Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Michael Cohen.
2016 election year
April 18 - July 31, 2016
Sundance of the conservativetreehouse.com summarizes: At the same time as NSA Director Mike Rogers discovered a significant and unauthorized uptick in FISA-702(16)(17) database queries, and subsequently blocked access (April 18th, 2016), candidate Donald Trump became the presumptive nominee for the presidential race.
It was within this period where Fusion-GPS was commissioned by Hillary Clinton to focus exclusively on candidate Trump. Fusion held the prior search findings, and Fusion contracted Christopher Steele who later contacted the FBI through official channels. On July 31st, 2016, FBI counterintelligence operation Crossfire Hurricane became official.
An official investigation targeting the campaign of Donald Trump now held a legal, albeit sketchy and politically motivated, justification. Under the auspices of investigating Russian involvement with George Papadopoulos, Carter Page, Paul Manafort and General Michael Flynn, the FBI was now conducting full-blown surveillance on the political campaign of Donald Trump. Crossfire Hurricane was the legal cover; ‘Spygate’ begins.
- 18 April. FBI contractor (FusionGPS) access cutoff from FISA database. As a result of NSA Dir. Mike Rogers compliance review of FISA abuse queries by contractors authorized by Obama DOJ & FBI conspirators, contractor access to ongoing FISA intelligence was cut off.
- 19 April. Mary Jacoby attends White House meeting.
- 25 April. FISA lawyers meet at White House. Two White House meetings between FBI Counsel James Baker, Trisha B Anderson (FBI), Tashina Gauhar ( DOJ), John T Lynch (DOJ), John (Brad) Wiegmann (DOJ), Alan Rozenshtein (DOJ), Norman (Christopher) Hardee (DOJ), and Iris Lan (DOJ). DOJ attorneys Guahar, Hardee, Wiegmann are FISA attorneys.
August 1 - October 21 2016
With the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane counterintelligence operation in full swing, the Obama intelligence community, the CIA, was conducting facilitating operations throughout. In August 2016 CIA Director John Brennan brought the covert intelligence congressional oversight team known as the Gang-of-Eight into the picture.
The CIA angle was explained by Director John Brennan under the open auspices of the CIA operation looking at possible Russian interference with the election. However, Brennan's activity was more importantly, and intentionally, a supplement to the FBI activity. Brennan provided FBI Director James Comey with the two-page “EC” or electronic communication document that initiated Crossfire Hurricane in July.
Brennan's role is critical. Brennan kicked-off Crossfire Hurricane; Brennan's intelligence product was included in President Obama's daily briefing (PDB); and specifically by design, very importantly, Brennan was the ONLY intelligence official briefing congress:
- Brennan Testimony: “Third, through the so-called Gang-of-Eight process we kept congress apprised of these issues as we identified them.”
- “Again, in consultation with the White House, I PERSONALLY briefed the full details of our understanding of Russian attempts to interfere in the election to congressional leadership; specifically: Senators Harry Reid, Mitch McConnell, Dianne Feinstein and Richard Burr; and to representatives Paul Ryan, Nancy Pelosi, Devin Nunes and Adam Schiff between 11th August and 6th September , I provided the same briefing to each of the gang of eight members.”
- “Given the highly sensitive nature of what was an active counter-intelligence case [that means the FBI], involving an ongoing Russian effort, to interfere in our presidential election, the full details of what we knew at the time were shared only with those members of congress; each of whom was accompanied by one senior staff member.”…
During this time-frame [Aug, Sept, Oct ’16]: •Chris Steele was funneling the results of his collaborative work with Nellie Ohr into the FBI; •the FBI was conducting full surveillance upon the Trump campaign (CH/Spygate); •and Brennan was seeding the legal background, a plausible justification of sorts which might be needed later, with carefully worded briefings to the Gang-of-Eight.
Critical to note – the Go8 was not being briefed on Crossfire Hurricane/Spygate, which was the FBI operation to conduct internal political surveillance of the Trump campaign. The Go8 only knew what Brennan was informing them. Those Brennan briefings were more of a disingenuous overview of generalized Russian interference. James Comey never briefed the Go8 on his FBI operation. [In March 2017 Comey would tell congress his decision not to inform them was due to “the sensitivity of the matter”.]
Toward the end of October things took on a new sense of urgency. All of the aggregate intelligence exploitation, FISA-702 database extraction, and ongoing campaign surveillance being conducted was seriously fraught with legal peril. On October 21st, 2016, the FBI urgently applied for, and received, a FISA Title One surveillance warrant against U.S. person Carter Page.
That FISC approved warrant made all of the prior FBI surveillance on the Trump campaign completely legal. In essence the FISA court approved all prior FBI conduct. Presiding Judge Rosemary Collyer approved the warrant. Sally Yates and James Comey were the application signatories.
A Title-One FISA warrant authorizes any and all surveillance methods; and establishes legal authority for retroactive review of all files and records associated with Carter Page; and anyone he comes into contact with; and anyone those contacts come into contact with.
In essence Title-One authority permits all electronic and physical surveillance, wiretaps, phone and electronic records, database extraction etc. The warrant is retroactive. All of the previous actions against the Trump campaign were now authorized and legal. A Title-One FISA Court warrant is the highest level of surveillance authority any court can grant.
- Main article: FISA abuse
October 21, 2016 - January 20, 2017
Carter Page FISA warrant
The FBI received their FISC surveillance authority two weeks before the November 8th presidential election.
If Hillary Clinton won the 2016 election all of this would disappear; none of this would ever surface; and the entire operation would just evaporate into the ether of invisible DC history. But Hillary didn't win. She lost. Now, all downstream official action takes an entirely more urgent and important shift.
Shortly after Presiding Judge Rosemary Collyer authorized the FISA warrant, NSA Director Mike Rogers went to the FISC and informed the same judge of the FISA-702(16)(17) abuses that took place in the 2016 presidential election cycle.
Judge Collyer issues an explosive opinion lambasting the FBI for their allowed abuse of the system. The DOJ head of the National Security Division, John Carlin, resigned from his position.
- Main article: Trump transition
Adm. Rogers warns Trump
Ten days after the election NSA Director Mike Rogers also travelled to Trump Tower without informing his boss ODNI James Clapper.
There has been a great deal of speculation as to what Rogers told President-elect Trump during that meeting. It's likely Director Rogers informed Trump about some of what he knew surrounding the unauthorized surveillance activity and FISA(702) exploitation. However, intelligence is highly compartmented; it's also virtually guaranteed Rogers had no idea what the FBI did, or was doing, with the material and the larger ‘Spygate’ operation.
After Hillary lost the election, CIA Director John Brennan and ODNI James Clapper quickly put together an Intelligence Community Assessment (ICA) about Russian interference in the 2016 election. When the report was pushed into the media bloodstream NSA Director Mike Rogers did not hold the same level of confidence in the assessment.
- […] A source close to the House investigation said Brennan himself selected the CIA and FBI analysts who worked on the ICA, and that they included former FBI counterespionage chief Peter Strzok.
- “Strzok was the intermediary between Brennan and [former FBI Director James] Comey, and he was one of the authors of the ICA,” according to the source.
Again, it is super important to remember congressional oversight has no idea about the FBI operation (CH/Spygate) during the election. Congressional oversight, the ‘Gang-of-Eight’, only knows what John Brennan has briefed them about; there have been no Go8 briefings by FBI Director James Comey.
After the 2016 election the Go8 members also changed. Senator Dianne Feinstein abdicated her SSCI Vice-Chair position to Senator Mark Warner, and with the retirement of Harry Reid, Senator Chuck Schumer now became minority leader.
2017 soft coup
Rice notes on Oval Office meeting
On January 5, 2017, President Obama held an Oval Office meeting with VP Joe Biden, James Comey (FBI), Michael Rogers (NSA), John Brennan (CIA), James Clapper (ODNI), Sally Yates (DOJ) and Susan Rice. At the conclusion of the briefing, President Obama asks Sally Yates and James Comey to remain. Together with Susan Rice, this is where the “by the book” comment comes into play. As recounted by Rice:
- “President Obama said he wants to be sure that, as we engage with the incoming team, we are mindful to ascertain if there is any reason that we cannot share information fully as it relates to Russia.”
The background context here is important. The outgoing Obama white house team knows what has taken place throughout. Obama's PDB's (Presidential Daily Briefing) have included information about the Trump campaign officials who were under active surveillance. As the Trump transition team enters into office the FBI surveillance is still ongoing. The counterintelligence operation against the incoming administration, and every participating member, remains in full swing.
The day after Obama's oval office meeting, when President-elect Trump is briefed on the Steele Dossier, ODNI James Clapper and FBI Director James Comey cannot brief the target within their investigation on the granular material they used to gain the FISA warrant against the candidate who is now the President-elect.
Their target was Trump.
Trump is now the President-elect.
That's why Comey only briefed Trump on the salacious material... the ‘pee tapes’ and ‘Russian hookers’ nonsense was not part of the FISA application. The material that was part of the FISA application; the material that outlined candidate Trump as a target; was not shared with the President-elect because it would have amounted to Trump discovering the factual origin of an ongoing counterintelligence operation against him.
Simultaneous to this transition taking place, all the Trump officials within his team were still under an active FISA Title-One surveillance warrant. This surveillance also included the capture of all of their transition email accounts, the content was later given -without transition team approval- to Robert Mueller by the GAO. The legal authority for that controversial event was inside the FISA Title-One surveillance warrant.
The FISA warrant was reauthorized on January 12th, 2017, about a week before the inauguration of Trump with DAG Sally Yates and James Comey again approving.
Deep state coup
- Main article: Deep state coup
January 20, 2017 - April 18, 2019
Here's where the current background of multiple issues and questions begins to make sense.
Remember, as the Trump administration takes office, congressional oversight (Go8) still has no idea what is taking place within the ongoing counterintelligence operation against President Trump and all those around him. Crossfire Hurricane, aka ‘Spygate’, is mostly invisible in the background.
The need to put factual teeth behind a fraudulently created investigative predicate means the FBI needs to start getting serious about the investigative targets. Thus in January, for the first time since CH/Spygate began, the FBI reaches out to question George Papadopoulos. Additionally, on January 24th, 2017, investigators question another origination target, National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.
Evidence of CH/Spygate surfaces in the actions against appointed National Security Advisor Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos; however, despite President Trump and FBI Director James Comey twice being together (January 27th and Feb 14th), only the small group within the FBI and DOJ-NSD are aware of the operation as incoming Trump intelligence officials replace outgoing Obama intelligence officials.
At the same time Comey was personally scrutinizing the president during meetings in the White House and phone conversations from the FBI, he had an agent inside the White House working on the Russia investigation, where he reported back to FBI headquarters about Trump and his aides. Comey carved out an extraordinary new position for the agent, Anthony Ferrante, who specialized in cyber crime, which allowed him to remain on reserve status at the FBI while working in the White House as a cybersecurity adviser. Ferrante left the White House around the same time Comey was fired and joined a security consulting firm, where he contracted with BuzzFeed to lead the news site’s efforts to verify the Steele dossier, in connection with a defamation lawsuit.
SSIC leaks Carter Page FISA application
- See also: James Wolfe indictment
Around March 14th, 2017, amid the Flynn fiasco, multiple swirling contradictions, massive intelligence leaks to the media and Trump administration officials beginning inquiries about what the heck is going on.... FBI Director James Comey how has to brief congressional oversight. This is the first time the 2017 Gang-of-Eight is officially informed about the counterintelligence operation known as Crossfire Hurricane.
This necessary shift toward oversight briefing leads to the Senate Intelligence Committee receiving a March 17th copy of the FISA application. Go8 members Richard Burr and Mark Warner receive the original October 21st, 2016, FISA application and the first renewal.
A few days later, March 20th, 2017, James Comey testifies to congress and tries to explain why oversight was not informed of the operation since it began in July 2016. [Note, if Clinton had won the election no-one would ever have needed to be informed] WATCH.
Now, it's unknown to what extent FBI Director Comey explained the level of FBI investigation into candidate and President-elect Trump; it's also unknown whether or not Comey gave the Go8 all of the details to include the origination of Crossfire Hurricane and the FISA Title-One surveillance warrant authority received by the investigative unit in October 2016; the distribution date of the FISC copy, March 17th, would indicate that he did..
However, immediately after this public testimony on March 20th, HPSCI Chairman Devin Nunes, a Go8 member who would have been part of the briefing, gets information about the Trump campaign officials and transition team officials under surveillance and being unmasked. Watch and listen carefully.
Presumably if FBI Director James Comey was fulsome with his briefing Devin Nunes would not have been surprised; OR, it could be the surprise was not about the investigation itself per se’, but rather that Obama political officials would be part of the pipeline of information about an ongoing covert counterintelligence operation against a political campaign. The latter seems to be the most likely cause of alarm and concern.
After Nunes’ March 22nd, 2017, Press announcement, and the subsequent democrat/media outrage therein, House Speaker Paul Ryan somewhat removes Devin Nunes from his committee responsibilities as they pertain to oversight on the Trump-centric investigative matters, and Nunes is placed under an ethics investigation.
In hindsight, and knowing the Comey Go8 briefing likely outlined Trump as a potential target within the FBI counterintelligence operation, Speaker Ryan's action against Devin Nunes now makes more sense. In essence, from Ryan's perspective Nunes might be compromising the FBI's investigation by communicating with the White House about information from the FBI shared to the Gang-of-Eight. Even giving the impression that such communication might have occurred was enough for Ryan to act.
Then we move on to April 2017, when the FISA surveillance warrant was again reauthorized; and the FBI counterintelligence operation is continuing; this surveillance now includes almost the entire Trump administration.
By this time Sally Yates has been fired over her refusal to defend Trump's travel ban. Acting Deputy Attorney General Dana Boente and James Comey sign the second extension; everyone is keeping notes about every encounter with the President, yet President Trump doesn't know he's the ‘Soft Coup‘ target.
May 9th, 2017, President Trump fires the insufferably political FBI Director James Comey. Now Andrew McCabe, the lead initiator of the FBI Crossfire Hurricane operation, is Acting FBI Director.
In McCabe's 2019 media tour he claims he was going bananas because his target was firing his team, yet McCabe appeared in front of congress on May 11th, 2017 and said President Trump firing James Comey two days earlier did not amount to any interference:
- ♦Senator Rubio: Thank you, Mr. Chairman. Mr. McCabe, can you–without going to the specifics of any individual investigation, I think the American people want to know, has the dismissal of Mr. Comey in any way impeded, interrupted, stopped, or negatively impacted any of the work, any investigation, or any ongoing projects at the Federal Bureau of Investigation?
- Director McCabe. As you know, Senator, the work of the men and women of the FBI continues despite any changes in circumstance, any decisions. So there has been no effort to impede our investigation to date. Quite simply put, sir, you cannot stop the men and women of the FBI from doing the right thing, protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution.
In 2019 both Andrew McCabe and DAG Rod Rosenstein have admitted to conversations about the best way to proceed after Comey was fired. Eventually a decision was reached to initiate a Special Counsel, Robert Mueller, to take over the entire probe.
Consider from their small group perspective in May 2017; knowing what actions had been undertaken from December 2015 through all phases of the investigative purposing; Andrew McCabe, FBI Chief Legal Counsel James Baker, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page and all team members would want to pass any investigative torch to a very tight and ideologically aligned crew.
If McCabe, Baker et al. had to pass the baton, there would be an element of risk involved if the totality of all 2016 background information surfaced. They would need an insider with a perfect set of specific tools to continue the operation and also avoid risk. That person was Robert Mueller; and they leveraged maximum influence over DAG Rosenstein toward that end.
Now think about Robert Mueller being contacted by Rosenstein, briefed on the task at hand, and generally given a background overview of what was needed. For Mueller this endeavor to investigate a sitting president would have all kinds of possibilities for going sideways and backfiring. In addition, Mueller would be watching the news and he knows this entire crew before the phone call is even answered.
It stands to reason the only person Mueller wouldn't know in this entire story is the target President Donald Trump. That explains Rosenstein introducing Mueller to Trump on May 16th, 2017, and then a day later announcing Mueller's appointment as special counsel.
The first priority Mueller would hold, after a briefing from McCabe, Comey, Baker and all the FBI team; and considering the claims and evidence used to obtain the legal warrants to conduct surveillance etc.; would be to prioritize investigating whether POTUS was factually a Russian asset.
A few weeks later, June 2017, DAG Rosenstein and Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe signed the third -and final- FISA warrant reauthorization.
Shortly after Mueller begins the urgent review of POTUS as a Russian asset, in late June and July 2017, Robert Mueller is also forced to confront a paper trail of unavoidable evidence pointing to the extreme political bias (Lisa Page, Peter Strzok, Andrew McCabe) within the previous FBI investigative unit. Mueller would have to be an idiot not to see the outline of what had taken place throughout 2016 all the way to his appointment.
As a result of the pre-Mueller moves by the FBI (McCabe) and DOJ (Yates), the FBI investigative unit already has Michael Flynn inside their investigative control system. Mueller now moves to throw a bag over George Papadopoulos.
In July 2017 Mueller's team executes the $10,000 sting operation using CIA asset Charles Tawil, and they arrest Papadopoulos under extremely suspicious and sketchy circumstances. Papadopoulos is now shut down; any subsequent risk is under control. Again, the purposeful intent is to provide the originating CH/Spygate fraud with more necessary predicate authenticity.
By August 2nd, 2017, Robert Mueller has ensnared Flynn (lobbying & lying), Manafort (lobbying & taxes), and Papadopoulos (presumably lying). Three of the originating four CH/Spygate targets as outlined to the FISA court. The only one they didn't capture, or perhaps some would say they didn't try to capture because defense discovery would be problematic, is Carter Page.
On August 2nd, 2017, with the aforementioned Trump-Trio in various stages of legal limbo, Robert Mueller requests an updated “scope memo” from Rod Rosenstein.
By outlining, in a specific mandate to Mueller, that the office of the president was currently the subject of an ongoing counterintelligence investigation, the special counsel would be authorized to block any congressional oversight requests for documents, material or evidence that would interfere in their investigation.
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein's scope memo created an impenetrable firewall through which information could not be shared until Robert Mueller's probe was complete.
The picture here is pretty clear:
So long as Team Obama can reasonably keep claiming the originating 2016 surveillance upon the Trump campaign was an outcome of a valid counterintelligence investigative probe; which is the underpinning of their need to perpetuate the Russian election conspiracy narrative; and so long as all Obama officials who were engaged within the process keep up the story that validates the fraudulent purpose; then it is likely all players will escape legal accountability for the unlawful weaponization of the intelligence apparatus to target political opposition.
In essence, “by the book” will have been successful.
"For those that still believe we are living in democratic, free and open societies it is sadly starting to look like fantasy. Democracies flourish when the checks and balances in the system are robust. We need them to work now more than ever.”Elizabeth Vos observed:
"In the Trump-Russia and Russian hacking narratives, American and UK intelligence agencies appear to have recklessly and deceptively acted in the interest of a single political candidate, Hillary Clinton. This singularity of purpose speaks to the insecurity and magnitude of the unelected Western power structure, equaled by the scale of lies propping up the Trump-Russia and Russian hacking narratives."
2019 The Empire Strikes Back
The immediate impetus for the appointment of Robert Mueller after the firing of James Comey was to cover up FBI actions, or rather, lack of actions when Comey and Andrew McCabe were notified (September 28, 2016) of the existence of the Weiner laptop in the closing days of the 2016 election. The FBI leadership was pre-occupied with several other matters - notably hoaxing the FISA court to get retroactive approval for the FBI's illegal domestic surveillance of Carter Page and the Trump campaign. This, along with managing illegal leaks coming from Christopher Steele, Lisa Page, Mike Kortan, and Andrew McCabe. The Weiner laptop was never examined until after the election. FBI personnel in the New York office who seized the laptop, feared being the designated fallguys for a botched investigation, forced James Comey to go public who then made the false statement that the laptop had been examined. All this was predicated on an assumption that Hillary Clinton would win.
When Trump won, and Comey was fired, McCabe then was entrusted to keeping a lid on the wrongdoing and away from Congressional investigators. Rosenstein, a Trump appointee, was mainly concerned about the reputation and integrity of the Department of Justice. Mueller, who colluded with Hillary Clinton in the Uranium One scandal and with Oleg Deripaska in the past, was the perfect choice to lead a new investigation. Mueller, Rosentein, Andrew Weissmann, McCabe and Peter Strzok had all been involved in covering up old Clinton scandals. Others, such as James Baker (DOJ), Sally Yates, John Carlin, John Brennan, DNI boss James Clapper, Mary McCord (DOJ), Lisa Page, Bruce Ohr and more top-level intelligence community personnel all were involved.
The fact of the existence of the Mueller probe kept Congressional Committees from subpoenaing and examining documents into the 2016 election, and stalling at least until the 2018 Midterm elections.
- ↑ https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-pictured-with-london-professor-from-fbi-russia-probe/amp/
- ↑ Why the Mifsud Story Matters, DECLASSIFIED with Gina Shakespeare,- The Epoch Times, Aug 5, 2019.
- ↑ https://thehill.com/policy/defense/364917-study-shows-us-weapons-given-to-syrian-rebels-ended-up-in-isiss-hands
- ↑ https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/12/29/why-flynn-a-confluence-of-highly-charged-political-events/
- ↑ http://www.defenddemocracy.org/a-conversation-with-jake-sullivan-video/
- ↑ https://www.reuters.com/article/us-libya-usa-order-idustre72t6h220110331
- ↑ https://www.reuters.com/article/us-libya-usa-rebels-idUSTRE72U7NM20110331
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20170216061621/https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/obama-secret-syria-order_n_1730712.html?tw_p=twt
- ↑ https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/08/09/the-benghazi-brief-the-entire-story-of-operation-zero-footprint-in-libya-and-why-further-committee-hearings-are-futile/
- ↑ https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/head-of-pentagon-intelligence-agency-forced-out-officials-say/2014/04/30/ec15a366-d09d-11e3-9e25-188ebe1fa93b_story.html?utm_term=.45a637102303
- ↑ https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/michael-flynn-isis-memoir/2016/07/10/id/737937/
- ↑ Iraq army capitulates to Isis militants in four cities | World news | The Guardian
- ↑ https://youtu.be/-wCqcWDZOjE
- ↑ https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/09/hillary-clinton-obstruction-of-justice-email-server-deletion-was-crime/
- ↑ https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/katica-2.jpg
- ↑ Drafts of Director Comeys July 5, 2016 Statement Regarding Email Server Investigation Part 01 of 01, FBI Records: The Vault.
- ↑ http://thegatewaypundit.com/2017/12/386625/
- ↑ https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/30/nellie-ohr-ivanka-trump-fusion-gps/
- ↑ https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/02/20/the-nellie-ohr-dossier/
- ↑ pp. 83-84
- ↑ https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/hearings/open-hearing-fisa-legislation-0#
- ↑ https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/mary-jacoby-1.jpg
- ↑ https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/01/10/a-political-battle-over-dossiers-fisa-warrants-and-surveillance-clouds-a-much-bigger-story/comment-page-4/#comment-4835429
- ↑ https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Db6pdVnUwAEeTaj.jpg
- ↑ https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Db6pfSIVwAAXZ39.jpg
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/Jali_Cat/status/948270513075474432
- ↑ Two Colleagues Contradict Brennan's Denial of Reliance on Dossier, By Paul Sperry, RealClearInvestigations, May 15, 2018.
- ↑ https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/mueller-needs-to-make-a-change/2017/12/13/fbf93682-e050-11e7-bbd0-9dfb2e37492a_story.html
- ↑ https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/337428-four-top-legal-experts-on-muellers-team-donated-to-democratic-causes
- ↑ https://bigleaguepolitics.com/confirmed-mueller-team-can-disbarred-clinton-conflicts-trump-case/
- ↑ https://newsprocession.com/2018/04/lawmakers-issue-criminal-referral-to-doj-for-dossier-splinter-group-comey-clinton-lynch-yates-mccabe-strzok-and-page/
- ↑ https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/05/politics/mueller-emails-praise-doj-yates/index.html
- ↑ https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthonyjferrante/
- ↑ https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/02/12/former-senior-fbi-official-is-leading-buzzfeeds-effort-to-verify-trump-dossier/
- ↑ https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/hearings/open-hearing-worldwide-threats-hearing-0#
- ↑ https://www.scribd.com/doc/375478974
- ↑ https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/01/11/the-doj-and-fbi-worked-with-fusion-gps-on-operation-trump/
- ↑ https://www.themarketswork.com/2018/04/09/john-brennans-role-in-the-fbis-trump-russia-investigation/
- ↑ https://saraacarter.com/former-dni-james-clapper-allegedly-leaked-to-cnn-investigation-revealed/
- ↑ https://www.themarketswork.com/2018/01/10/an-american-hero-the-death-of-a-fisa-narrative/