John Brown Anti-Klan Committee
Tonight we bombed the U. S. Capitol building. We attacked the U. S. Government to retaliate against imperialist aggression that has sent the marines, the CIA and the army to invade sovereign nations...
We are acting in solidarity with all those leading the fight against U. S. imperialism the peoples of Grenada, Lebanon, Palestine, EI Salvador, and Nicaragua - who are confronting direct U. S. aggression...
Our action carries a message to the U. S. imperialist ruling class: we purposely aimed out attack at the institutions of imperialist rule rather than at individual members of the ruling class and government. We did not choose to kill any of them at this time...
Type of Organization
Riots; political & logistical support for terrorism
Organized, possibly active
- South-West Africa People’s Organization (SWAPO)
- "Armed Resistance Unit Bombs US Capitol", Death to the Klan, Winter, 1984, No.3.
- Two Men Found In Contempt in Bombing Probe, The Washington Post, June 29, 1985.
- Testimony Order Upheld, The Washington Post, February 1, 1985.
- 4 Will Refuse to Testify on Bombings, By Philip Smith, The Washington Post, January 16, 1985.
- Armed Resistance Unit Bombs US Capitol, Death to the Klan, Winter, 1984, No.3. Retrieved from Press Reports, September 13, 2007.