Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone
The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ), also known as the Capitol Hill Organized/Occupied Protest (CHOP), a possible reference to the French Revolution, was a legally unrecognized "country" surrounded entirely by the city of Seattle, Washington, USA. It was named for the Capitol Hill neighborhood in Seattle where it is located.
The land was illegally seized by Antifa rioters without the consent of the local residents. It adheres to a form of "libertarian" socialism. As with all socialist societies, it suffered food shortages. The local foods included, "vegan meat substitutes, fruits, oats, soy products, etc." The usage of marijuana was prevalent in CHAZ, which may have exacerbated the effects of the food shortages.
As with all secure nations, CHAZ had strong border enforcement, including an armed border patrol and a border wall. This hypocritically went contrary to the Left's opposition to the construction of a border wall on the border with Mexico to keep illegal immigrants out of the United States.
CHAZ was founded by Antifa following the Seattle Police Department's forced abandonment of its East Precinct in the area on June 8, 2020. It was populated mostly by left-wingers protesting "systemic racism," "white privilege" and police brutality, and occupied a radius of several city blocks. When an African American was the victim of gun violence in the occupied territory, Antifa white supremacists prevented Seattle Emergency Medical Technicians from rendering aid.
A sign has been erected immediately outside of CHAZ reading, "You are now leaving the United States of America." CHAZ was once compared to the racist Confederate States of America.
CHAZ had no established or written laws, and therefore no law enforcement. It was led by a self-styled "warlord", a Seattle-based rapper and black activist named Raz Simone, who used a gang of thugs to harass, intimidate, extort and assault the local residents being held hostage in the area. Overall economic activity fell by at least 60% despite the influx of more people. There was no trash or sanitation removal, despite the government of the City of Seattle and its Democrat administration's collusion with the lawlessness and providing material support. Overflowing porta-potties of human feces created a serious environmental hazard for and by the protesters, many of which also support the environmental and climate change movements.
CHAZ has a detailed Wikipedia page, although it has been marked for deletion.
Antifa terrorists declared the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, established border walls and checkpoints, discriminated against illegal aliens, and engaged in police brutality against innocent protesters. Antifa paramilitants seized land without the consent of the native inhabitants and colonized a seven-block radius in east Seattle, illegally imposing Stop and Frisk harassment and restrictions on residents. Not since the Paris Commune has a libertarian anarchist state been declared in the West. Others compared it to an ISIS-style insurrectionist state.
After a prolonged siege the Seattle Police Department abandoned its East Precinct building. In a private message to the department, Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best passed the buck upstairs:
“You fought for days to protect it. I asked you to stand on that line day in and day out, to be pelted with projectiles, to be screamed at, threatened, and in some cases hurt. Then to have a change of course nearly two weeks in — it seems like an insult on our community.”
Several hundred demonstrators, led by Seattle City Council Socialist Alternative Kshama Sawant, occupied City Hall calling for the resignation of Democrat mayor Jenny Durkan and the defunding of the Seattle Police Department after a march from the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone. Sawant was backed by Democratic Socialists of America (DSA). The DSA provided logistical support for the riots. Sawant called for the importance of Black LGBTQIA+ women and other issues. At City Hall another speaker decried Sawant's co-opting of the movement to push her own agenda.
“Please stop using Black Lives Matter for your political campaigns....I’m really sorry, I want to tax Amazon too, I want to do all these things too, but this is not a movement for you to be politically active, for you to be politically correct, and for you to gain all these votes. Please stop taking advantage of us.”
The speaker noted the whiteness of many speakers at recent protests. Protesters left City Hall chanting "Defund SPD" and headed back to the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, where protesters watched 13th, a documentary on the The New Jim Crow.
A two-hour rally of an estimated 2,000 protesters gathered in the rain for a community meeting hosted by Sawant.
“What we’ve defeated here is the political establishment of this city....You can never have zero police and an elimination of racism and oppression on the basis of capitalism."
A 30-point list of demands was published. “We demand the de-gentrification of Seattle, starting with rent control," etc.
Community members were subjected to barricades set up by the protesters with some armed individuals running them as checkpoints in the neighborhood, a police spokesman said. “While they have a constitutionally protected right to bear arms there is no legal right for those arms to be used to intimidate community members.” Residents described a small number of people armed with rifles who have been seen serving as guards. Many businesses and residential buildings in the so-called CHAZ hired private security staff. The entire area was lawless, and residents were left to fend for themselves. A social media posting from inside the illegally occupied territory read,
"Due to the police not being able to respond for fear of reprisal and the shear amount of police resources required that makes it possible to have any presents in our area, residents needed to have an emergency plan that does not involve 911. Whether it is contacting friends, family or driving someone or yourself to the emergency room. You can still call 911 for help with planning and dealing with emergencies, but they may ask that you attempt to make your way to one of their other locations or possibly deal with a significant delayed response.
Civil disorder and vigilante justice erupted over a property rights dispute when a socialist stole an iPhone from a resident they claimed was "unwilling" to "share the wealth". 911 calls reporting violence and sex crimes increased 300% in four days in the area which Durkan seceded the area to terrorists. Durkan illegally ordered the police to stand down and provided material support to the terrorists, calling them "patriotic." One occupier suggested rounding up white people into work brigades. A Black preacher scorched a white female pro-Biden communist, explaining that Africans American community does not are liberal values of violence, chaos, murdering their children, homosexual activism, or disrepespting their husbands, and that white Democrats' lawlessness would fall back upon Blacks:
"There never was a big party switch."
The Occupied Seattle Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone offered no social and mental health care for victims of the occupation.
Two Black youths were murdered in CHOP, Horace Lorenzo Anderson age 19, and a 17-year-old whose name was not released. Antifa hailed the murders as a victory.
- Fox News commentator Tucker Carlson welcomes Chaz to the family of nations.
- ↑ https://q13fox.com/2020/06/15/chaz-protest-zone-renamed-chop-as-seattle-leaders-promise-change/
- ↑ https://www.dailywire.com/news/seattles-chaz-changes-its-name-to-chop-drops-autonomous-after-complaints
- ↑ https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/15/chopped-ex-chaz-crowd-shouts-as-new-name-honors-bloody-french-revolution-934831
- ↑ https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/antifa-organizer-seattles-autonomous-zone-begs-vegan-meat-soy-keep-area-operational-homeless-people-take-food/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HBGQAHnGNo
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/media/hannity-seattle-chaz-anarchists-built-border-wall
- ↑ https://www.immigrationreform.com/2020/06/10/abolish-ice-antifa-hypocrisy-immigrationreform-com/
- ↑ https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/06/10/antifa-activists-take-over-six-city-blocks-in-seattle-washington-create-lawless-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone/
- ↑ https://thespectator.info/2020/06/09/antifa-domestic-terrorists-take-over-6-square-block-section-in-seattle-set-up-security-watch/
- ↑ https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/06/09/radical-leftists-in-seattle-seize-several-blocks-and-a-police-precinct-declare-it-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/bfqniCGtdVg
- ↑ https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/21/chop-warlord-furious-medics-wont-enter-autonomous-zone-to-help-bleeding-victim-without-police-backup-937122
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xBZZ-PJQFZk
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/media/ben-shapiro-seattle-protesters-takeover-beyond-parody
- ↑ https://thejeffreylord.com/seattles-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone-the-new-confederate-states-of-america/
- ↑ Seattle’s Autonomous Zone Has Its First Warlord; Local Rapper Raz Simone Takes Over at the Gateway Pundit
- ↑ Guy Benson calls out Seattle protesters for 'playing make-believe,' 'Communist cosplay in the streets' at Fox News
- ↑ https://www.fastcompany.com/90515143/seattles-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone-already-has-a-wikipedia-page-but-it-might-not-last
- ↑ https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2020/06/11/first-case-police-brutality/
- ↑ https://gofile.io/d/IffAr1
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/officialbenshapiro/posts/3801648196539248
- ↑ https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2020/06/09/antifa-militants-seize-seattle-police-hq-set-up-autonomous-zone-n512621
- ↑ https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2020/06/seattle-police-chief-speaks-out-on-chaz-leaving-the-precinct-was-not-my-decision/
- ↑ Socialist Alternative is a Trotskyite organization.
- ↑ https://keywiki.org/File:Zshama.PNG
- ↑ https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-communist-origins-of-the-antifa-extremist-group_2282816.html
- ↑ https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2020/06/sawant-and-protesters-briefly-occupy-seattle-city-hall-as-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone-grows/
- ↑ https://nationalfile.com/police-911-calls-for-violent-and-sex-crimes-triples-in-seattle-autonomous-zone/
- ↑ https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/seattle-officials-deliver-porta-potties-support-antifa-mayor-defends-autonomous-zone-chaz-not-lawless-wasteland-anarchist-insurrection/
- ↑ https://www.zerohedge.com/political/chaz-occupier-suggests-rounding-all-white-people-work-brigades
- ↑ https://youtu.be/l_wHSgZ1yEU
- ↑ https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53224445
- ↑ https://thepostmillennial.com/seattle-fifth-shooting-antifa-celebrates-chop
- 6/20/2020 Critical Incident Update
- CHOP (er, CHAZ) Tourism: Where Anarchy Meets Family Travel video
- Visit 'CHAZ' Your Destination Awaits
- The Jonestowning of America, By Daniel Greenfield -June 21, 2020.
- LIVE FROM CHAZ! FOR REAL!! | Louder with Crowder. Steven Crowder infiltrates CHAZ/CHOP.