|U.S. Representative from Illinois's 9th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 1999 – present
|Predecessor||Sidney R. Yates|
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Spouse(s)||Harvey Schakowsky (1965 - 1980)|
Janice Danoff "Jan" Schakowsky is the Democratic party representative from Illinois' 9th Congressional District in the U.S. House, having been first elected to the office in 1998. The vice chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, Schakowsky is considered one of the most reliable Democrat votes. A hard-core leftist, Schakowsky received an F rating from Gun Owners of America and is a sponsor of the communist Green New Deal and Medicare for All bills.
- See also: Liberal bigotry
Despite having condemned the bigoted Louis Farrakhan for anti-Semitism, Schakowsky herself has displayed anti-Semitic and anti-Zionist views when she joined racist Democrats in boycotting a speech by Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Jan Schakowsky on the Issues
- Democrats Divided Over Whether To Condemn Anti-Semite Farrakhan
- The Full List of 51 Anti-Semitic Democrats Skipping Netanyahu’s Speech
- Schakowsky (D) Defends Omar’s Anti-Semitic Comments: ‘She Comes From a Different Culture’
- Jan Schakowsky on Abortion