Climate alarmism is a common trait exhibited by liberals, who greatly exaggerate perceived existential threats posed by the gradual changing of Earth's climate. Many predictions of environmental catastrophe because of climate change have been wrong. Climate alarmists also advocate for spending massive sums of money for the environment, with one prominent U.S. representative claiming that an effective climate plan would cost at least $10 trillion. By creating fear, climate alarmists are better able to advance their left-wing political agenda.
Marc Morano of CNSNews.com wrote:
- According to Lindzen, climate "alarmists" have been trying to push the idea that there is scientific consensus on dire climate change.
- In the late 1960s, eco-evangelists such as the best selling author Paul Ehrlich stated: "In the 1970s and 1980s, hundreds of millions of people will starve to death in spite any crash programs embarked on now ... Before 1985, mankind will enter a stage of scarcity in which accessible supplies of many kinds of minerals will be nearing depletion." 
Amy Ridenour wrote:
- Environmental alarmists, as an article of faith, peddle the notion that climate change is, as Greenpeace put it, "the biggest environmental threat facing...developing countries." For one, such thinking runs contrary to the public declaration of the 2002 World Summit on Sustainable Development-a program sponsored by the United Nations-which found that poverty is the number one threat facing developing countries.
By 2019, voters were increasingly rejecting radical climate alarmist policies.
- Meteorologist Likens Fear of Global Warming to 'Religious Belief'
- 'Green' website tells when you should die Calculator reveals when your share of Earth's resources fully consumed.
- Video of Earth First group weeping at dead trees
- Multiple references:
- Lott, Maxim (March 19, 2019). 10 times 'experts' predicted the world would end by now. Fox News. Retrieved March 20, 2019.
- Notable & Quotable: The Art of Climate Science. The Wall Street Journal. March 7, 2019. Retrieved March 20, 2019.
- Lott, Maxim (May 28, 2019). Five most over-the-top climate warnings. Fox News. Retrieved May 28, 2019.
- Lifson, Thomas (March 8, 2019). Shhhh! Nobody tell Ocasio-Cortez scientists are skeptical of global warming. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved March 20, 2019.
- Elis, Niv (June 5, 2019). Ocasio-Cortez: $10 trillion needed for effective climate plan. The Hill. Retrieved June 5, 2019.
- Murphy, James (June 12, 2019). Climate Change Science and Politics: It’s All About Creating Fear. The New American. Retrieved June 12, 2019.
- Burnett, H. Sterling (May 18, 2019). Around the world, backlash against expensive climate-change policies. Washington Examiner. Retrieved May 18, 2019.