The Squad, sometimes the Jihad Squad, are a clique of five extremist Congresswomen who entered the U.S. House of Representatives in 2019 and 2021 the They are Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY), Rashida Tlaib (MI), Ilhan Omar (MN), Ayanna Pressley (MA) and Cori Bush (MO). All five are members of the Democrat Party, the Congressional Progressive Caucus and the Democratic Socialists of America.
Three of them endorsed Bernie Sanders over the Democrat ex-frontrunner Elizabeth Warren in the 2020 Presidential election, while Ayanna Pressley endorsed Warren. The four women are known for their advocacy and mainstreaming of racism, anti-Semitism and intolerance, and for their inflammatory and provocative comments regarding President of the United States of America Donald Trump, often to the point of implicitly endorsing violence against him.
In 2021, Cori Bush, Ayanna Pressley, and Ilhan Omar led an insurrection on the steps of the U.S. Capitol building. In 2019, Ocasio-Cortez led a group of domestic terrorists in a takeover of Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office inside the U.S. Capitol building.
All four were recruited by Democratic Socialists to run for Congress in 2018. All four have faced ethical charges within their first months in Congress:
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is accused of money laundering illegal campaign donations and nepotism;
- Rashida Tlaib is accused of transferring money from her campaign fund to herself;
- Ilhan Elmi Omar is accused of perjury, immigration fraud and tax fraud;
- Ayanna Pressley is accused of racist and homophobic statements.
Though members of the Squad (particularly Ocasio-Cortez) have on occasion claimed to be the "victims" of numerous death threats for their attacks on Trump, congressional security officials have confirmed that they have not been threatened more than is the average for members of Congress.
Two outspoken Jew-haters, Tlaib and Omar, have been barred from traveling to Israel. When Rashida Tlaib requested to visit her mother-in-law (her first husband's mother who is also Rashida Tlaib's grandmother), Israel granted her special permission, which she then spitefully rejected in favor of attending an anti-Jewish event. When a Holocaust denier, who had been the runner-up in the Islamic Republic of Iran's International Holocaust Cartoon Competition in 2006, created a cartoon portraying President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu covering the mouths of Tlaib and Omar, with a Star of David in the center of the picture, the two Congresswomen shared and praised the cartoon, a decision which was promptly criticized by conservatives and the Trump administration. In March 2020, Rashida Tlaib took a photograph of herself holding a book written by Linda Sarsour and wearing a T-shirt depicting the erasure of Israel.
Squad members AOC and Pressley have done fundraising for the Antifa terrorist organization. During the coronavirus outbreak, jihadi-Rep. Rashida Tlaib retweeted anti-gun activist David Hogg's "F*** a national day of prayer."
The Squad initially was seen as anti-establishment: AOC has criticized Nancy Pelosi, Amazon, and Joe Biden; and Rashida Tlaib booed Hillary Clinton at a Bernie Sanders campaign event for smearing Bernie Sanders, although she later backed down and apologized. However, they betrayed the anti-establishment cause by voting Nancy Pelosi for Speaker in 2021.
Ocasio-Cortez broke with Omar over the coronavirus vaccine in December 2020, with the former being among the earlier crowd to take it while the latter called for others to have access to it first.
Arab-Palestinian human rights activist (who in the 1990s worked with B'tselem, before it became completely an anti Israel propaganda laced with falsehoods) Bassem Eid scolded the Squad — Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, and Ayanna Pressley and has invited them to learn the truth, the facts.
But if they truly care about the well-being of Palestinians, they ought to focus their attention elsewhere. These days, the vast majority of suffering Palestinians experience is the direct result of the corruption of the Palestinian Authority and the influence of the terrorist group Hamas.
Corruption affects every aspect of life for Palestinians. It cripples our economy, which in turn makes government jobs among the most highly prized. However, those jobs are awarded based on connections rather than qualifications, which perpetuates the cycle of corruption. No announcements are posted for new government jobs. This lack of transparency is pervasive throughout the West Bank and Gaza.
The vaccine distribution process is one recent example of this corruption. A number of Palestinian human rights and civil society groups recently alleged that wealthy government officials were taking vaccines intended for medical workers.
The Palestinian Health Ministry eventually admitted that many of the doses it received were administered to government ministers. Until this corruption is addressed, Palestinians will continue to suffer.
Hamas has been designated a terrorist group by Israel, the United States, the European Union, the United Kingdom, and many other countries. Hamas’ founding goal was to destroy Israel and kill all the Jews there. It continues on this mission today.
Hamas rules Gaza and has a tremendous following among West Bank residents, especially after instigating the recent bloody conflict with Israel and showing off its relative competence compared to the pathetically inept Palestinian Authority.
Furthermore, Hamas continues to recruit and use child soldiers.
According to The Jerusalem Post, more than 30 Palestinian children and teens were enlisted in stabbing attacks against Israelis from 2015-2016, another 30 Palestinian children have been successfully used as suicide bombers (many more unsuccessfully attempted it), and more than 17,000 Palestinian children were recruited into Hamas child militia programs in 2019.
At least one of the children that authorities claimed had been killed during the recent war in Gaza was a Hamas member. The use of child soldiers is always abhorrent and unethical.Hamas will continue to make life worse for Palestinians, as the US media and politicians continue to focus only on criticizing Israel.
In June 2021, GOP's Rep. Waltz introduced a House resolution to censure 'Squad' for 'defending foreign terrorists' as well as contributing to hate crimes:
Republican Representative Mike Waltz (Fla.) introduced a House resolution Monday to censure the four principal members of the so-called Squad, accusing each of the congresswomen of "defending foreign terrorist organizations and inciting antisemitic attacks across the United States.
Waltz's resolution condemns and censures Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-Ma.) for labeling Israel "an apartheid state."
His motion also clearly delineated the differences between Israel, which he said was a "key ally and strategic partner of the United States" and one to which, since 1948, "Congress has offered unwavering support to its security, taking actions to defend itself and its "non-military targets," as opposed to the Gaza Strip's Hamas terrorist rulers.
He accused the Islamist group of committing war crimes via using civilians as human shields and the firing of thousands of rockets into Israel territory.
In addition to drawing attention to Omar's comments equating the United States and Israel to Hamas in Gaza and the Taliban in Afghanistan, he highlighted that Tlaib has accused Israel of "ethnically cleansing" the Palestinians and "promoting racism and dehumanization."
Waltz also called out Ocasio-Cortez and Pressley for asserting that Israel's government routinely commits "human rights abuses."He linked their claims and their promulgation across social media - where between them they have some 15 million followers on Twitter alone - to a significant uptick in violence and antisemitic hate crimes throughout the United States.
- See also: 2020 Antifa riots
All four members of the Squad, and the affiliated groups that back them, were involved in the 2020 Leftwing insurrection. Minneapolis and Metro Atlanta Democratic Socialists of America colluded with Antifa in the violence. Seattle DSA is also involved. DSA branches in Memphis, Los Angeles, Brooklyn, Louisville, Philadelphia, and Richmond are raising funds for “George Floyd Uprisings Nationwide.” The American Left has the power to start race riots in nearly every major U.S. city.
In Marxist–Leninist and Maoist theory, a United front is a coalition of leftist organizations that collude for the purpose of taking over a government. In the 116th Congress, the Committees of Correspondence for Democratic Socialism, Democratic Socialists of America, Liberation Road (formerly Freedom Road Socialist Organization}, and Communist Party of the United States formally created a united front of the nation's four largest Communist organizations to take over the Democratic Party. As of 2018 the umbrella group is known as the Left Inside/Outside Project (“One foot in the institutions, one foot in the streets.”) consisted of 57,000 community organizers. At its August 2019 convention the DSA passed a resolution to form a
|“National Working Group to help drive collaboration and resource sharing to support our antifascist organizing.”|
Law enforcement authorities found evidence of pre-planning. The Minneapolis Star/Tribune reported:
|state officials said several caches of flammable materials were found both in neighborhoods where there have already been fires and “in cars we’ve stopped as recently as this morning,” said John Harrington, state public safety commissioner. Some of the caches look like they may have been planted days ago and some only in the last 24 hours or so, he said.
Police are also finding stolen vehicles with plates removed that are being used to transport the flammable materials. Looted goods and weapons also have been found in the stolen cars, he said.
After the Minneapolis police discovered incendiary materials stashed in residential neighbors, the veto-proof Democrat city council immediately moved to abolish the police department.
The Sunrise Movement, with established groups in several major cities, has heavily recruited activists from the DSA and Liberation Road affiliated groups, such as the Pennsylvania Student Power Network. Sunrise founding activists are all current trainers with Momentum Community, which is a training workshop funded by millionaires and billionaires to “incubate” supposed "grassroots" organizations such as Sunrise and the Movimiento Cosecha (Harvest Movement). Democrat millionaire donor and former 2020 presidential election candidate Tom Steyer's NextGen America is also tied to the Sunrise Movement, and according to the New York Times, the two groups “strategize” together.
The DSA itself as of 2020 has 66,000 members nationwide and locals in almost every state. Other communist groups such as Communist Party USA, Liberation Road, Socialist Alternative, Workers World Party, Party for Socialism and Liberation, Socialist Unity Party, and Revolutionary Communist Party and their allies in Black Lives Matter and Antifa can mobilize tens of thousands of militants and organizing cadre at short notice. The American Left has the power to start race riots in nearly every major U.S. city. DSA branches in Memphis, Los Angeles, Brooklyn, Louisville, Philadelphia, and Richmond are raising funds for “George Floyd Uprisings Nationwide.”
On September 27, 2020 James O'Keefe of Project Veritas posted a report on illegal ballot harvesting for cash in Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar's district. On October 16, 2020 Facebook sent notification warnings to every user that reposted the Project Veritas' report.
A 17 year-old campaign staffer for Lacy Johnson, the Republican opponent running against Ilhan Omar, was shot and killed outside a gas station in Minneapolis.
Turner vs Brown
Would-be "Squad" member Nina Turner lost her second consecutive congressional run in Ohio May/2022, following a failed attempt to reverse course on her anti-Israel past. Turner lost second congressional race to pro-Israel Dem Shontel Brown.
It was "too little, too late," after trying to airbrush Anti-Israel past, which showed insincerity and the local Jewish did not buy her empty words, after allying herself with vile hateful anti-Israel propagandists.
- ↑ Loudon, Trevor (October 8, 2019). The Squad. The New American. Retrieved October 17, 2019.
- ↑ https://theintercept.com/2019/11/06/ayanna-pressley-warren-endorsement/
- ↑ https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/02/squad-cori-bush-camping-steps-capitol-hill-eviction-moratorium-nancy-pelosi/
- ↑ https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/02/squad-cori-bush-camping-steps-capitol-hill-eviction-moratorium-nancy-pelosi/
- ↑ https://www.westernjournal.com/ocasio-cortez-activists-occupy-nancy-pelosis-office-demand-green-new-deal/
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/politics/capitol-police-meet-with-members-of-political-squad-about-safety-concerns
- ↑ https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/08/israel-bans-reps-ilhan-omar-and-tlaib-from-entering-the-country/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW8Mi-8viJ0
- ↑ https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/02/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-antifa-boston/
- ↑ https://gellerreport.com/2020/03/tlaib-fk-national-prayer.html/
- ↑ https://nypost.com/2019/07/11/aoc-calls-nancy-pelosi-outright-disrespectful-for-singling-out-women-of-color/
- ↑ https://thefederalist.com/2019/02/18/aoc-right-amazons-jobs-arent-worth-3-billion-corporate-welfare/
- ↑ https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/06/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-joe-biden-not-same-party-094642
- ↑ https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/01/rashida-tlaib-boos-hillary-clinton-at-bernie-sanders-rally-no-no-ill-boo/
- ↑ https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/01/rashida-tlaib-releases-apologetic-statement-after-booing-hillary-clinton/
- ↑ Hanson, John (January 4, 2021). The Entire ‘Squad’ – Now With Two New Members – Votes Pelosi For Speaker. The Political Insider. Retrieved September 24, 2021.
- ↑ AOC records herself getting COVID-19 vaccine for Instagram
- ↑ Ilhan Omar says she won't get vaccine: 'People who need it most, should get it.'
- ↑ “Palestinian Activist: It’s Time Ilhan Omar and ‘The Squad’ Learned the Truth About Israel and Hamas,” by Bassem Eid, Algemeiner, July 1, 2021
- ↑ GOP Rep. Waltz introduces House resolution to censure 'Squad' for 'defending foreign terrorists' i24NEWS, June 14, 2021. Motion included a litany of accusations, including inciting antisemitic attacks across the United States.
- ↑ https://www.dsa-la.org/support_floyd_protests_nationwide
- ↑ https://m.theepochtimes.com/how-57000-socialists-and-communists-plan-to-take-over-the-democratic-party_2654589.html
- ↑ https://dsabuild.org/r9-establishing-a-national-antifascist-and-direct-action-working-group
- ↑ https://organizingupgrade.com/the-left-we-want/
- ↑ https://www.dsausa.org/2019-convention-a-world-to-win/
- ↑ https://www.startribune.com/police-arrest-150-driver-who-barreled-into-crowd-held/570908442/?refresh=true
- ↑ https://www.conservapedia.com/2020_Antifa_riots#cite_note-46
- ↑ https://www.ibtimes.com/minneapolis-police-be-disbanded-city-council-establish-new-public-safety-system-2989620
- ↑ https://archive.fo/ytfYT
- ↑ https://www.dsa-la.org/support_floyd_protests_nationwide
- ↑ https://youtu.be/ZWK56l2VaLY
- ↑ https://youtu.be/MV7oDl8yDZk
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minneapolis-police-omar-ballot-harvesting
- ↑ https://youtu.be/TioDPg91uH4
- ↑ Multiple references:
- Republican Campaign Aide Murdered in Minneapolis — Staffer for Lacy Johnson Who Is Running Against Ilhan Omar Shot Dead in Drive-By Shooting
- Campaign staffer, 17, for Ilhan Omar's Republican congressional opponent is shot and killed in Minneapolis
- Teenage campaign staffer for Ilhan Omar's opponent killed in Minneapolis shooting
- Ilhan Omar’s GOP challenger shocked after campaign aides shot in random drive-by, teen staffer dies
- Suspect arrested in murder of 17-year-old staffer of GOP challenger to Ilhan Omar
- ↑ Collin Anderson, Too Little, Too Late: ‘Squad’ Acolyte Loses (Again) After Trying To Airbrush Anti-Israel Past, Free Beacon, May 3, 2022.
Nina Turner loses second congressional race to pro-Israel Dem Shontel Brown.
Would-be "Squad" member Nina Turner lost her second consecutive congressional run in Ohio following a failed attempt to reverse course on her anti-Israel past. Turner trailed Rep. Shontel Brown (D., Ohio) by 27 points on Tuesday night when the Associated Press called the race with 53 percent of the vote in. The campaign saw Turner attempt to rebrand herself as a pro-Israel Democrat after her surprise 2021 primary defeat to Brown. During that race, Turner called to condition aid to the Jewish state, expressed
"solidarity" with a far-left group that accused Israel of "apartheid"[sic], and blamed her loss on "evil money"[sic] after pro-Israel Democrats backed her opponent. Brown, meanwhile, ran on her strong support for the U.S.-Israel alliance and thanked her "Jewish brothers and sisters" in her victory speech.
For many leading Jewish groups, Turner's pro-Israel about-face came too little, too late. When the Democrat ran an April open letter in the Cleveland Jewish News touting her "strong working relationship with [the] Jewish community," for example, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee accused her of "pro-Israel virtue signaling." The influential lobbying group noted that Turner did not mention the term "pro-Israel" in the letter, which also failed to explain how Turner would support the Jewish state in Congress. "End the deception," AIPAC wrote in response. "Nina Turner is anti-Israel."
Turner also changed her tune on the anti-Semitic Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement. After she declined to share her stance on the movement during her 2021 campaign, Turner said she would "not endorse BDS" in her Jewish News letter. But the Democrat refused to condemn the movement and pledged to oppose anti-BDS legislation while in Congress, a move AIPAC also criticized.
In the end, Turner's attempts to win over Jewish groups failed spectacularly. Brown received support from Democratic Majority for Israel, Pro-Israel America, and the Jewish Democratic Council of America—endorsements that proved crucial to her victory in a Cleveland district that holds a significant Orthodox population.
Turner's loss is yet another blow to the Bernie Sanders wing of the Democratic Party. Turner, who served as national co-chair on Sanders's 2020 presidential campaign, pledged to join the so-called Squad if she won and received support from self-proclaimed socialist Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.). The Democrat centered her campaign around her support for Medicare for All, the Green New Deal, and a plan to "completely reimagine" law enforcement.Sanders and the Squad have had a tough go in the Buckeye State in recent years. Sanders lost Ohio to twice-failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in 2016 and ended his campaign before the state's nominating contest in 2020. That 2020 primary also saw Rep. Joyce Beatty (D.) trounce Squad acolyte Morgan Harper by 36 points in Ohio's Third Congressional District. Harper's Senate bid also ended unsuccessfully on Tuesday, when she lost to Democratic nominee Tim Ryan.
- The Squad - The New Leaders of the Democrat Party
- The Well-Funded Environmental Extremists Of The Sunrise Movement Are Gaining Within The Left