Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a progressive Democrat racist, Soros mercenary and outspoken advocate of the murderous ideology of Socialism. She is a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus noted for her use of Marxist clichés. Ocasio-Cortez is a product of the American public school system.
- 1 Background
- 2 Democratic socialism
- 3 116th Congress
- 3.1 Fundraising
- 3.2 NeverPelosi
- 3.3 Ethics violations and abuse of power
- 3.4 Congressional Progressive Caucus
- 3.5 Green New Deal
- 4 In popular culture
- 5 Other controversies
- 6 Further reading
- 7 See also
- 8 References
Ocasio-Cortez is a cultural Marxist reared to believe the dialectical materialist view that capitalism is a transitory phase to socialism in which the planet will be ruled by an enlightened elite of anti-democratic technocrats, should it survive a climate crisis.
Although Ocasio-Cortez pretends to speak for and come from poverty, she grew up in the white privileged suburb of Westchester County with a median household income of $83,000 and net worth of $1.2 million – one of the highest in the country. Westchester County is the home of the Clinton and Rockefeller estates.
Before Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was known around the world as AOC, Justice Democrats put out a call for a spokesperson. Her brother nominated her. Justice Democrats received over 10,000 nominations. Ocasio-Cortez was selected and Justice Democrats organized her election. She is the quintessential wide-eyed liberal and Bernie Sanders retread. Early on, her website was a redirect page for the group Brand New Congress, archives in the Wayback Machine show.
Ocasio-Cortez defeated incumbent Democrat Joe Crowley in the 2018 nominating primary for New York's 14th congressional district carrying 56% of the vote with a 12% turnout. Primary victory is tantamount to general election victory in this district, meaning less than 17,000 people voted for her in district of over 700,000 inhabitants, yet the media proclaimed her as representative of a generation.
Crowley had been the leading contender to succeed Nancy Pelosi as Speaker. Having defeated Pelosi's successor, the Democrats had no one to succeed Pelosi and Pelosi stayed on for another term. Ocasio-Cortez then tried to dump Pelosi.
With the embarrassing roll-out of the Green New Deal, speculation mounted that Ocasio-Cortez could be redistricted out of office after the 2020 Census if she becomes more of a problem for the DNC establishment.
In November 2018, she tried and failed to name the three branches of government. DNC chairman Tom Perez anointed Ocasio-Cortez as "the future of the Democratic Party." Ocasio-Cortez is considered by mainstream media as the embodiment of a rising generation of Millennials to occupy the liberal movement. Critics describe her as a simpleton and naive. Elected to Congress, Ocasio-Cortez immediately began wasting taxpayer money. Her rise illustrates the economic illiteracy of the Left.
|“||Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy.||”|
Bernie Sanders and Ocasio-Cortez's proposals for free healthcare, tuition, and housing is estimated to cost more than half of World GDP. This is fundamentally a racist argument - that Americans by birth have the right to the fruits of other people's labor.Economist Thomas Sowell, in response to Ocasio-Cortez said:
"The only way anyone can have a right to something that has to be produced, is to force someone else to produce it for him. The more things are provided as rights, the less the recipients have to work and the more others have to carry their [the recipients] load." To fulfill any of Ocasio-Cortez ideas, America would have to enslave the rest of the planet and force them to pay for Americans' free healthcare, tuition, and housing with the labor of non-Americans outside the United States. Given all existing facts and circumstances, that is the only way the "richest country in the world" could afford to provide free healthcare, tuition, and housing for all Americans.
On the issues
Ocasio-Cortez is a staunch proponent of unlimited public debt and bankrupting the public treasury. Her advocacy of Medicare for All, free college tuition and housing would cost $42 Trillion, more than two times America's total output by labor, or GDP, experts say. Her solution to cover the lack of resources to fulfill her program is for the Federal Reserve Board to print more currency. She has proposed a universal basic income (UBI) for those, in her words, "unwilling to work."
The United States has the world's largest economic output at $19 Trillion with 6% of the planet's population producing 25% of the planet's total economic output by labor. In an interview with Chris Cuomo of CNN, Ocasio-Cortez gave no indication of understanding or proposals on how to increase total U.S. GDP by over 200%. Neither did she address the doubling rate of increased carbon emissions necessary to produce the $42 Trillion to fulfill any of her proposals. She has proposed increasing the tax rate for high-earning Americans to 70%, a rate that is even higher than in modern socialist countries.
The question of what other people would live on – the people who are not beneficiaries of Ocasio-Cortez's proposals, was never addressed.
As an advocate of free income, Ocasio-Cortez opposes job creation in her home district.
She has publicly admitted to using climate change politics to push her broader socialist and SJW politics. Ocasio-Cortez makes extensive use of the Clintonism, "investment," to refer to government spending.
Ocasio-Cortez is an Apostle of cataclysmic destruction of the planet in the year 2030. The impending doom is necessitated, she claims, by climate change. To fight climate change, Ocasio-Cortez has proposed Medicare for All, which would necessitate a doubling of carbon emissions to produce the economic output to meet the price tag. Ocasio-Cortez has yet to reconcile why Medicare for All would be necessary for a planet with only twelve years left to live, or that a near doubling of GDP output and carbon emissions to pay for Medicare for All would likely shorten the time remaining for survival of planet Earth.
Another conundrum facing Ocasio-Cortez was surviving on a waitress's salary until her $174,000 a year Congressional salary kicked in. The situation was compounded by a government shutdown when no government workers were paid. Ocasio-Cortez told an interviewer during the shutdown, "Millennials and Gen Z and all these folks that come after us are looking up, and we're like, 'The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?' This is our World War II."
Upon election Ocasio-Cortez immediately began panhandling for cash to meet her personal expenses. On financial disclosure forms, Ocasio-Cortez reported she had between $15,000-$50,000 in cash in personal savings. What promises were made in exchange for personal cash contributions were never reported.
Before being "inaugurated" (her words) Ocasio-Cortez tweeted "Next time we have a gov shutdown, Congressional salaries should be furloughed as well. It’s completely unacceptable that members of Congress can force a government shutdown on partisan lines & then have Congressional salaries exempt from that decision." After being sworn in during a shutdown, Ocasio-Cortez gleefully collected her paycheck.
Ocasio-Cortez raised $1.8 million in a district where she received 78% of the vote, meaning she has plenty of cash to dole out to other Democrat House members to buy their support, loyalty, and favors. Her Republican opponent spent $1935 on the election.
Ocasio-Cortez is a case study in what is wrong with campaign finance laws. Cortez sits in a safe district, meaning she was virtually elected in the primary. The liberal media turned her into a fundraising magnet - for money she didn't need in a district she ran in virtually unopposed.
Campaign "war chests," as they are called, are not to be used for the candidate's personal enrichment. Some candidates raise more money than they need, others have difficulty attracting donations even in their own districts, let alone from outside lobbyists in Washington. Under existing regulations, candidates and members are free to donate to each other. Congresspeople become laundry machines for disguised donors. Instead of a member taking bribes from outside interests, they are "owned" by a fellow member, where any pretense of equality between the people's elected representatives is a charade. At 29 years old, Ocasio-Cortez was already barnstorming across the country raising money and helping other Democrats get elected, for which they are indebted to her, before she was even elected.
Ocasio-Cortez took part in the Dump Pelosi Movement and led protests into Pelosi's Capitol Hill office where 150 people were arrested. In exchange for her vote for Pelosi as Speaker, Pelosi threw the progressives a bone by promising the establishment of a new select committee on a Green New Deal, a plan to radically transform the economy.
The wildfires killed scores of people and left tens of thousands homeless. The fires were fueled by bad forestry management and a failure to remove dead trees.
Ethics violations and abuse of powerBefore taking office, Ocasio-Cortez was embroiled in allegations of violating House Ethics Rules and federal law. Ocasio-Cortez threatened a private citizen and political opponent with subpoenas and investigation. The House Rules Manuel states,
“Members…are not to take or withhold any official action on the basis of the campaign contributions or support of the involved individuals, or their partisan affiliation. Members and staff are likewise prohibited from threatening punitive action on the basis of such considerations.”What's more, Ocasio-Cortez may have violated 42 U.S. Code § 1983 – Civil action for deprivation of rights:
"Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia."
(R.S. § 1979; Pub. L. 96–170, § 1, Dec. 29, 1979, 93 Stat. 1284; Pub. L. 104–317, title III, § 309(c), Oct. 19, 1996, 110 Stat. 3853.)
Congressional Progressive CaucusRashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar are members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. Ocasio-Cortez compared the illegal Central American migrant caravan seeking to enter the United States to Holocaust victims. Jeffrey Wiesenfeld, chairman of the National Yiddish Theatre-Folksbiene said that
"Ms. Ocasio-Cortez has enunciated a blood libel by designating members of the Israel Defense Forces, demonstrably amongst the most moral on earth, as murderers for defending the state against nihilistic terrorists, as ‘murderers,’ and enunciating other assorted calumnies against the Jewish state."She has appeared on a podcast with another far left activist who stated that Jews "should get the f*** out of Palestine." Ocasio-Cortez spoke at the Women's March in January 2019 organized by supporters of the notorious outspoken anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan.
Green New Deal
"The select committee shall have authority to develop a detailed national, industrial, economic mobilization plan for the transition of the United States economy to become greenhouse gas emissions neutral and to significantly draw down greenhouse gases from the atmosphere and oceans and to promote economic and environmental justice and equality."The Green New Deal advances non-environmental projects, such as, poverty:
"The Plan for a Green New Deal (and the draft legislation) shall recognize that a national, industrial, economic mobilization of this scope and scale is a historic opportunity to virtually eliminate poverty in the United States and to make prosperity, wealth and economic security available to everyone participating in the transformation."
The Green New Deal was introduced as H.Res.109 on February 7, 2019 by Ocasio-Cortez, leading many to believe she is really a Republican plant seeking to discredit the progressive movement. The bill says nothing about wildfire management and National Parks maintenance.
Ocasio-Cortez's plan calls for, within 10 years a
The new committee will have total oversight of American industry, with a mandate for pushing union membership. Under “Scope of the Plan,” a section on labor states the committee's final plan shall:
- national, energy-efficient, smart grid;
- Upgrading every residential and industrial building for state-of-the-art energy efficiency, comfort and safety;
- Eliminating greenhouse gas emissions from the manufacturing, agricultural and other industries as well as from America’s transportation and infrastructure network, the sort of legislation that provoked the Yellow Vest movement;
- Funding "massive investment" in reducing existing greenhouse gasses.
"Require strong enforcement of labor, workplace safety, and wage standards that recognize the rights of workers to organize and unionize free of coercion, intimidation, and harassment, and creation of meaningful, quality, career employment."
Reparationsreparations to right historical injustices. The final Green New Deal will
"mitigate deeply entrenched racial, regional and gender-based inequalities in income and wealth (including, without limitation, ensuring that federal and other investment will be equitably distributed to historically impoverished, low income, deindustrialized or other marginalized communities in such a way that builds wealth and ownership at the community level)."The plan includes universal income and Medicare for All: The plan, it says, shall
"include additional measures such as basic income programs, universal health care programs and any others as the select committee may deem appropriate to promote economic security, labor market flexibility and entrepreneurism."The plan also imagines creating governmental support for "transitioning" minority communities. The deal shall:
"ensure a 'just transition' for all workers, low-income communities, communities of color, indigenous communities, rural and urban communities and the front-line communities most affected by climate change, pollution and other environmental harm including by ensuring that local implementation of the transition is led from the community level."
The plan calls for "economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work." Abraham Lincoln defined slavery in this way: “You work; I’ll eat.” In his Chicago speech of July 10, 1858, Lincoln put it slightly differently, “You toil and I will enjoy the fruits of it.”The plan calls for creating a national jobs force to help people participate in this "transition." The Green New Deal shall
"provide all members of our society, across all regions and all communities, the opportunity, training and education to be a full and equal participant in the transition, including through a job guarantee program to assure a living wage job to every person who wants one."
War on Cow Flatulence
- Main article: Peoples Temple Agricultural Project
"We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of f*rting cows and airplanes that fast, but we think we can ramp up renewable manufacturing and power production, retrofit every building in America, build the smart grid, overhaul transportation and agriculture, plant lots of trees and restore our ecosystem to get to net-zero.
The dirty little secret about the global warming hoax is that it's not Dick Cheney, Halliburton and capitalism destroying the planet with carbon emissions, but rather American's beef-eating habits and reliance on dairy products. As population grows, dairy cow and slaughter beef herds get bigger. One cow gives off more methane gas daily than an automobile at a McDonald's drive thru.
Green New Deal advocates claimed their first victory by killing Amazon's plan to bring its main headquarters to New York and create 25,000 jobs with wages averaging $150,000. Elizabeth Warren and Ocasio-Cortez took credit for killing the deal. Rep. Carolyn Maloney of New York, who supports the Green New Deal, was livid with her fellow communists.CNN reported the fight over Amazon is the fight for the future of the Democratic Party. Ocasio-Cortez tweeted:
"Anything is possible: today was the day a group of dedicated, everyday New Yorkers & their neighbors defeated Amazon's corporate greed, its worker exploitation, and the power of the richest man in the world."
Amazon was promised up to $1.5 billion in tax abatements in exchange for the promise of creating 25,000 jobs averaging $150,000 per year. Ocasio-Cortez believes a tax abatement is a bucket of cash the government can spend on subways or teachers.
Ignores Paygo provisionThe Green New Deal would be paid for by the Federal Reserve printing more money which Ocasio-Cortez claims is "morally right".
"The Federal Reserve can extend credit to power these projects and investments, new public banks can be created (as in WWII) to extend credit and a combination of various taxation tools (including taxes on carbon and other emissions and progressive wealth taxes) can be employed."
This proposal violates the House Paygo provision, which mandates all new spending proposals must carry with them cuts in programs for existing constituencies, or proposals for tax increases to offset added spending. Ocasio-Cortez's Medicare for All proposal, which Bernie Sanders and Nancy Pelosi both claim to support, adds spending more than two times America's Gross Domestic Product, making the Medicare for All provision a fantasy, Ocasio-Cortez a simpleton, and Pelosi and Sanders bald face liars to stupid people. Paygo is Pelosi's own rule that she herself formulated as Speaker of the House. Pelosi later tried to back away from the lip service she paid to portions of the Green New Deal to get elected Speaker, "The green dream or whatever they call it, nobody knows what it is, but they’re for it, right?’"
Committee subpoena power
Select committees typically have subpoena power. Members could presumably wield subpoenas to investigate oil and gas companies. No sooner than the vote for Speaker was taken, Pelosi's flunky Steny Hoyer moved to strip the new select committee's subpoena power. Hoyer has accepted more than a quarter of a million dollars from the fossil fuel industry.
In popular culture
Former President Obama endorsed Ocasio-Cortez while former Democratic party Vice Presidential candidate Joe Lieberman said if Ocasio-Cortez and Democratic Socialism is the future of the Democratic party, the party doesn't have much of a future.
Ocasio-Cortez couldn't restrain her racism toward white males when discussing the NeverPelosi movement. Ocasio-Cortez believes debating issues of public policy is sexist. She has made numerous blatantly false statements, so extreme that even The Washington Post pointed them out. Ocasio-Cortez has banned the press from attending public speaking events.
During a Twitter debate with Rep. Steve Scalise on taxation, followers of Ocasio-Cortez threatened to murder Scalise. Scalise was the victim of a targeted hate crime by a crazed Leftwing Marxist in the Summer of 2017, uses crutches and has walked with difficulty ever since. Ocasio-Cortez remained silent, and did not rebuke her supporters after the public threat was made.
- The Communist Manifesto, by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels - The Gutenberg Project
- The Black Book of Communism - Internet Archive
- Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation - official website
- Brand New Congress home page via ocasio2018 .com
- Rodriguez, Katherine (November 19, 2018). WATCH: Ocasio-Cortez Fails to Name Three Branches of Government. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- Perez, who rigged the Superdelegate nomination of Hillary Clinton, later rigged his own election as DNC chair to slap down the uppity African American frontrunner Keith Ellison. Traditionally the post of chairman goes to the top fundraiser, which was Ellison. Ellison had the backing of Senate Leader Chuck Schumer (New York), Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Reps. John Lewis (Georgia) and Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii), and Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton. The AFL-CIO, AFSCME, Communications Workers of America, and UNITE HERE also backed Ellison before the Democratic party establishment assigned Ellison a seat at the back of the bus. https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/265725/perez-gains-ellison-dnc-race-matthew-vadum
- Kirkwood, R. Cort (November 14, 2018). Ocasio-Cortez in Washington One Day, Begins Wasting Taxpayer Money. The New American. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- Bradley, Anne Rathbone (November 14, 2018). Ocasio-Cortez's rise reveals rampant economic illiteracy in US. The Hill. Retrieved November 17, 2018.
- What is the Shared Responsibility Payment? - TurboTax Tax Tips.
- Socialist technocrats imposed quotas. The "quotas were not based on the harvest, and non-fulfillment resulted in fines, expropriation, imprisonment, and deportation. The 1933 decree guaranteed that collective farmers had the right to freely dispose of all grain left over after the collective farms had fulfilled their obligations to the state and had made full provision for seed, reserve, and feed funds. The quantity of grain taken by the state was so great, however, that in most cases, after fulfilling their deliveries and stocking their funds, the collective farms had no surplus." See Economic planning. Grain procurement - Encyclopedia of Ukraine
- Morabito, Angela (January 9, 2019). Ignore the dancing: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's tax plan is worse than actual socialist countries. Washington Examiner. Retrieved January 9, 2019.
- She did, however, question the reported figures of the cost of U.S. healthcare, claiming the numbers do not include the funeral costs of the uninsured. https://www.dailywire.com/news/34265/ocasio-cortez-socialized-medicine-cheap-people-ryan-saavedra?amp Ocasio-Cortez did not explain how a deceased person would be a recurring cost to the U.S. healthcare system either. In addition to a deceased persons voting, a deceased retiree theoretically could remain a cost burden to the Social Security system. https://www.aarp.org/retirement/social-security/questions-answers/report-death-to-social-security/ If survivors or heirs hold a Social Security recipient's debit card and pin number, that deceased person could continue for decades voting and drawing entitlement benefits.
There is no uniform system of reporting deaths to both the Social Security Administration and to election registrars simultaneously, an issue with potentially tens of billions of dollars in savings, which Social Democrats have shown no interest in. https://nypost.com/2016/10/23/theres-a-grave-voting-issue-in-new-york-city/amp/ The savings could be used to fund funeral costs by means testing.
- Murphy, James (December 8, 2018). Ocasio-Cortez Sees Climate Change Politics as Means to Transform America. The New American. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- Page 150
- Mikelionis, Lukas (September 22, 2018). Ocasio-Cortez appeared on podcast hosted by activist who said 'Jews should get the f--- out of Palestine'. Fox News. Retrieved September 22, 2018.
- Alford, Emily. Women's March 2019: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Marches In NYC, Kirsten Gillibrand Speaks in IowaÂ.
- Should plant-based meat replace beef completely?, Paul Solman, PBS News Hour, Dec 21, 2017.
- EPA Issues “Fart Chart”: Bovine Flatulence Measured State-by-State, 1 May 2014, by jonathanturley
- Cow farts blow up barn.
- Occasional Cortex Disorder (OCD).
- Nancy Pelosi's Democratic Opposition in Speaker Race Is Led by #FiveWhiteGuys Esquire, Esquire
- Shaw, Adam (August 14, 2018). Ocasio-Cortez claims have fact-checkers working overtime. Fox News. Retrieved August 14, 2018.
- Caralle, Katelyn (August 10, 2018). Socialist upstart Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez gets fact-checked by the Washington Post. Washington Examiner. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- Athey, Amber (August 10, 2018). Washington Post Conducts Massive Fact Check on Ocasio-Cortez. The Daily Caller. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- Starr, Penny (August 17, 2018). Ocasio-Cortez Blocks Press Access to Campaign Event. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- Pappas, Alex (August 17, 2018). Ocasio-Cortez bans press from covering campaign event. Fox News. Retrieved August 17, 2018.